(19 Posts)
Gillybobs Tue 09-Apr-13 08:48:27

Loo, yes spot on I'd say

LaTrucha Tue 09-Apr-13 08:34:31

Can you do linky to Monsoon ones?

Loolumboolum Tue 09-Apr-13 05:45:43

Gilly, are they true to size?

Gillybobs Mon 08-Apr-13 20:57:54

I bought the first pair Snow linked to above, limited collection from M&S and have just ordered a second pair, I'm so delighted. Nice thick fabric, great shape, keep their look throughout the day. Chuffed to bits with them

oopsadaisymaisy Mon 08-Apr-13 19:35:27

Monsoon and Zara have lovely ones.

I didn't -am still trying to find some!

Loolumboolum Mon 08-Apr-13 19:25:17

What did you buy in the end Remus?

Loolumboolum Mon 08-Apr-13 19:24:53

Popped into markies in town and bought the second pair snow linked to. I don't love them... I can't quite work it out. Great price though.

I think Snow's second pair are the ones I bought in desperation until I found something better. They are okay, not too polyestery, but they come up very big across the bum so look too loose and baggy.

Snowgirl1 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:33:52

M&S have a few that ight do the job and they're very good value

these?

or these?
or these?

Loolumboolum Sun 07-Apr-13 21:41:02

Hmmm. Some great ideas. Agree the H&m look good but prob 1) a bit casual and 2) a bit too skinny.

The me&m ones are perfect, but I just don't have/cannot justify £98 on a pair of trousers!

What is great plains' fit like? Have only ever seen their stuff in JL and found it a bit sloaney/printed for me so never even considered!

Any other ideas? This is brilliant...

gladyoucame Sun 07-Apr-13 21:12:46

Try Banana Republic. They have loads of different shape trousers, all work appropriate, I have 2 pairs of Sloan fit slim ankle pant and definitely not shiny (best avoid the sateen ones). Would link but on phone.

WildThong Sun 07-Apr-13 21:07:16

I got these from Great Plains. They are flattering and comfortable.

foxysocks Sun 07-Apr-13 21:01:32
peggotty Sun 07-Apr-13 21:00:29

Are those H & M trousers actually cigarette pants - I thought cigarette pants were supposed to be a leetle bit looser than skinnys?

Let m eknow when you find some, as I'm yet to do so. To me, the H&M ones look too much like jeans to wear to work.

FauxFox Sun 07-Apr-13 20:56:34

(i'm a size 12 hourglass)

FauxFox Sun 07-Apr-13 20:56:01

Mine are from H&M - nice highish rise, good length, take a stone off me grin They were only cheap but the fit is great, I got them a couple of years ago and they are a bit past it now, I should have got two pairs at the time! I think these are the ones, am going to go and try some on and pray they've not changed the cut!

Loolumboolum Sun 07-Apr-13 20:49:36

Evening all,

First time I've started a thread in s&b so bear with me!

I am (worryingly) obsessed with finding a perfect pair of cigarette pants, for work and poss going out.

Every pair I've tried is either too low rise, too 'straight' or a bit shiny/polyester.

I'm a size 14, hourglass and a scarf/converse/skinnies wearer when not at work.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received - starting to feel like I'm looking for the holy grail!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now