Hair dye disaster! HELP

(7 Posts)
JoyceDivision Mon 08-Apr-13 21:12:13

if you redye your hair go for a light brown, I use nice n easy brown shade 114, i pick the ash because I try to down play the coppery undertones in my hair, and i have medium to dark brown haitr. The dye just warms up my existing colour rather than changing it

applecrumbleandcream Sun 07-Apr-13 22:19:12

If you use the Scott Cornwall De Stripper you can colour your hair straightaway after.

freddiefrog Sun 07-Apr-13 20:06:43

Yes! I used the B4 yesterday.

I've dyed mine so much its quite porous so each time I dye it, it gets darker and darker.

It took 2 goes with the B4 to get it light enough (and I used the extra strength one) but it left it quite gingery and patchy.

I re-dyed with a semi-permanent a couple of shades lighter than I usually use and it came out fine.

Took hours to do though

Callycat Sun 07-Apr-13 19:46:19

I've used ColourB4. It did the job, but left my hair deep orange, so I needed to colour it again. I also got a lot of split ends about six months later, but I can't be sure that's a direct consequence of the product.

You could try washing every night with something strong like Head and Shoulders. That will lighten it a few shades.

Finally, I have found that medium brown ALWAYS turns out nearly black! I started buying dark blonde when I wanted a medium brown result.

Posting again about her but my sister also used the superdrug own brand to lift out colour and it worked well enough for her to dye it again to a light brown. I should warn you though that it did take two attempts with it to get all the dark colour out.

RunningAgain Sun 07-Apr-13 17:49:37

Used the superdrug version of colour b4, think it might have been the extra strength one, and it worked well smile

girlypearl Sun 07-Apr-13 17:46:58

Yeah so managed to buy a 'medium brown' hair dye and it only went and turned PITCH BLACK once applied...

I have a pale complexion with blue eyes and don't suit the harsh black look... The disaster happened 2 weeks ago and I refuse to dye it again any time soon! Not fussed on that Colour B4 hair colour removing malarkey but am tempted to try it... Anyone have any good experiences with it?

Probably going to wait a month or so till I dye it again a rich chocolate brown, something much warmer when the colour has dyed down. Could anyone recommend nice rich chocolate/coffee shade home hair dying kits?

And finally, has anyone got any past experiences fading hair/letting dark hair dye grow out? My natural hair colour is a dirty blonde verging on light brown. Bought vosene medicated shampoo to see if it can strip some colour out.

Any advice on any of the topics raised above would be a MASSIVE help, thank you!!

Read more: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1732305#ixzz2PnTFLfnl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now