I want some dresses like this but not so short, anyone up for a challenge?!

(16 Posts)
landofsoapandglory Mon 08-Apr-13 10:11:46

I've got this dress. It comes to my knee and I am 5ft4. It is quite heavy and is a lace print.

(I got mine from Very, where it was £25, but I can't link without showing my name but they still have it).

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 07-Apr-13 23:30:44
FauxFox Sun 07-Apr-13 20:51:00

Not seen itl so it might be hideous but it IS cotton and M&S dresses tend to come up far too long for me (am 5'2) so might be okay for you.

Pandsbear Sun 07-Apr-13 19:15:25

And the other thing (apart from the length) is the fact that loads of these DP dresses are polyester or a mix of and the STATIC! I only have one DP dress and I am going to have to ebay it - lovely 50s flare with little collar but the static ruins it each and every time I even put it on. Stick with cotton grin

Gap You'd need to check the quality though, as imho their stuff has been awful over the last few years.

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Apr-13 15:29:05

That hobbs one would be gorgeous for a wedding I would imagine!

Right, back to day dresses please!! grin

DTisMYdoctor Sun 07-Apr-13 15:02:09

Thanks Remus. You're right about nude I think. I can't really wear yellow with my complexion, but I wouldn't have thought about pink. The wedding isn't for ages, but I might give that dress a try. I hate dress shopping in the summer - the colours, fits and styles that tend to be around then don't do much for me and I really need something quite chic for this particular wedding.

Sorry OP, as you were...

DT - I think it could be lovely for a wedding. I don't think nude accessories would work. Red would (although maybe a bit sailor's wife if not careful?). Bright pink or yellow could be worth a shot?

DTisMYdoctor Sun 07-Apr-13 14:53:37

Sorry to interrupt your thread OP but I'm loving the Hobbs navy/cream dress. Does anyone thing it would be suitable for a fairly glam summer wedding? With either nude or red accessories?

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Apr-13 14:46:57

Haven't looked at monsoon but will do!

mirai Sun 07-Apr-13 14:44:12

I just knew this would be about Dorothy Perkins. I started exactly the same thread about them last year! Have you looked in Monsoon?

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Apr-13 14:02:19

I love that NW3 one but the reviewer says its too short and she is only 5'1"!

Love the other one too for a dressy occasion; would like more daytime dresses.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Apr-13 12:37:50

I love dresses but they are so bloomin' short at the minute!

I love this style

I wouldn't wear this particular colour but I like the shape of this dress however again it's very short, why can't they add a couple of cm to the length!!?

I'm 5'6" and I like dresses just slightly above the knee, not bum skimming! In winter you can get away with slightly shorter dresses by wearing opaques but what do you do in summertime?!!

Anyone seen any dresses that might suit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now