Lush solid shampoo

(11 Posts)
Jins Sat 06-Apr-13 18:53:14

They are also brilliant for a bit of hand washing if you forget to pack spare underwear blush

JazzDalek Sat 06-Apr-13 18:49:37

They have never really done much for my hair. I wish they would, as I love the fact they last ages, are relatively inexpensive, and are multi-use and packaging-free; every so often I try again.
My partially-used bars are great on the DCs' hair, though.

I use the purple one for travelling, it is stuck in the tin, but I just rub the open tin over my head and only start prising it out once it has worn right down - they last ages though. I use it for body wash as well. I'm never quite sure about what it does for my hair as we have very hard water and normally holiday in soft water areas which makes a difference. I still use normal conditioner.

The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable, just tell them what you want and they will find it for you, they are also very good at giving out free samples.

Some good advice here ... I might have to brave a store as you've all mentioned different types and its the same price to park in town for 2 hours as it is for the P&P (eek!).

Jins Sat 06-Apr-13 18:37:52

I like them. I use Godiva for travelling as it has conditioner in it. I've never had problems with it not rinsing - the opposite in fact, it rinses very well.

The trick with the solid shampoos is to store them on the lid of the tin rather than in the bottom part grin

FoofFighter Sat 06-Apr-13 18:37:10

DONT BUY THE TINS! They get hopelessly stuck. I just use a soap dish with a draining bit in the bottom and for going away I stick it in a sandwich bag, then let it dry before packing it away again.

FoofFighter Sat 06-Apr-13 18:35:14

I use Ultimate Shine and I love it, the smell is lovely reminds me of my nan's old coal tar soap (not lovely to everyone I know) and it lathers well, really rich lather, leaves my hair squeaky clean and shiny as heck.

twinkbat Sat 06-Apr-13 18:30:51

I use ultimate shine on my fine hair and its good, it's quite clarifying in nature thou so for my hair it's good

(Plus for travelling I've been told alot of people use it as laundry soap/body soap too)

Hobbes8 Sat 06-Apr-13 18:26:39

I use the purple one for my greasy fine hair and I really like it. It lathers really easily and leaves my hair really shiny, although that could also be the veganese conditioner I bought with it. I haven't travelled with it, but it doesn't seem to stick to the side of the bath too much. A bar seems to last ages as well, which makes it good value. You could buy online if you don't like the shop assistants? Expensive p&p though

JeanPaget Sat 06-Apr-13 18:14:22

I don't particularly like them to be honest.

The two I've tried both seemed to leave a film on my hair, it didn't feel like they rinsed out properly and left my hair a bit lank.

They are very light for travelling with though. To be honest I don't particularly like bars of soap and these had the same issue - they got totally cemented to the little container they were in and it was a faff trying to keep them out of the water in the shower so they didn't just dissolve. But that's just my prejudice against solid soap, if you like bars of soap these aren't any different in that respect.

Anyone used this? Someone else told me about it and I am wondering if it could be the answer - I travel a lot and am bored of refilling 100ml bottles.

Bit wary of the results of using the equivalent of a bar of soap on my head.

Also, fnd it hard to actually go in the shop as always jumped on by assistants - if I can even get in the front door because of the overpowering waft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now