what to wear for short break in Paris

(13 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 03-Apr-13 22:49:54

Amber, like those shoes. Would really like to know when you get them how comfortable they are - could you walk around a lot in them all day, as I do I'm London where I live or in Paris which I often visit?

KristinaM Wed 03-Apr-13 20:06:59

They are vair nice amber

Have those very wedge trainers on their way to me. I feel like a smug Parisienne. smile

AuntySib Wed 03-Apr-13 19:42:01

Thanks everyone. QueefLatina, both the boots you suggested are nice, also think Barbie1's long boots might work ( plus I've already got some of those, so can save ££ to spend when i get there).
Branleuse,yes that's what I'm thinking but don't think I would feel happy walking around Paris in trainers ( unless there's some supercool yet comfy ones that I haven't come across yet - any ideas?)

dreamingofsun Wed 03-Apr-13 19:36:45

everyone was in black/navy coats and jeans when we went. i was a bit disappointed in style to be honest and didn't wear any of my nice clothes as i would have felt overdressed

Barbie1 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:24:51

I'm currently loving my cape with black skinny s, black short boot with heel and over size glasses. Complimented of course with my Chanel 2.55 wink

Barbie1 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:22:31

Skinny jeans, luxury sweaters, scarfs and leather biker jackets seems the way to go.

KristinaM Wed 03-Apr-13 19:16:17

Really Barbie? What do the Parisienne laydees wear with wedge sneakers?

Barbie1 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:11:46
Barbie1 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:08:53

I live in paris and its still very cold but at last the sun is shining.

I've been in flat knee high boots, a bit like the Ralph Lauren riding boot.

Every time I go into the centre it bloody rains so have given up on all other types of footwear!

Branleuse Wed 03-Apr-13 18:03:38

I would wear something comfy because I walked a hell of a lot in paris

QueefLatina Wed 03-Apr-13 17:53:49

Lucky you!

I would go for something like this

or this if you can wear a small heel.

For a capsule wardrobe I would keep to smart casual. As in any big city, nobody dresses up in Paris.

AuntySib Wed 03-Apr-13 17:39:42

Ok, got some great recommendations re hotels, now booked for 2nd week of April, so it will probably still be cold. Can't do heels,might be too cold for converse, can't walk distances in Uggs ( plus not so chic) what do I wear on my feet? Once I've got that sorted, can start to think about capsule wardrobe! Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now