OK, my babyliss perfect curl has arrived and it's...

(65 Posts)
happymundanes Wed 03-Apr-13 09:17:47

AMAZING!

I just had a quick go, straight out the box on dry hair, no product, now all curly.

I've only done a few small sections, it would take ages to do the whole lot as it doesn't work with big chunks.

grin

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 04-Nov-13 13:42:54

mine came today, I can honestly say its the easiest gadget I have ever used, wish my hair was a bit longer as although I love how easy it is and the effects I am not sure it suits me curly this short... anyone got any miracle tips for getting hair to grow. bet it works fabulously in long hair envy

OddBoots Sun 03-Nov-13 08:31:08

I've tried it on mine and my dd's hair.

For dd I put her (nearly waist length) hair in a ponytail and curled the lengths as she is playing viola this morning so it might get in the way down.

On mine I put my (slightly longer) hair in a slight side plait then did the bottom 3rd.

I love the results from both.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 02-Nov-13 14:07:11

thank goodness Old Boots cos I am awaiting mine too. let me know if it works

OddBoots Sat 02-Nov-13 11:10:29

Mine (pro perfect curl) has arrived, I won't get chance to use it until tomorrow but I thought I'd post to let you know that the site I mentioned seems to be genuine.

OddBoots Sat 02-Nov-13 08:58:23

You wouldn't be able to use curl secret on hair much longer than that (unless you wanted to just do part of it), for long hair you need to perfect curl. Why they make is so confusing though I don't know.

MABS Sat 02-Nov-13 08:58:20

had one for 3 months, LOVE it

Floridagirl Sat 02-Nov-13 08:49:10

If any of you have a Costco card they have the Curl Secret in stock at the moment (or they did have in Manchester anyway!). I think it was 79.99 + VAT, I did buy one but am taking it back today on account of it being rubbish and I can curl my hair better and quicker with my straighteners. Probably would be better on longer hair than mine though, mine's only just past my shoulders.

OddBoots Sat 02-Nov-13 07:54:19

Mine is 'out for delivery' at the moment, so hopefully it'll be here today. smile

SuitsYouFleur Fri 01-Nov-13 21:46:07

imwood,The Secret Curl . I think i've been had though because i'm sure the promotion said 20% off but seems i got 10% off instead. Oh well..

Sparklysilversequins Fri 01-Nov-13 21:38:25

It does look good though envy.

Sparklysilversequins Fri 01-Nov-13 21:32:20

How much?! shock

Sindarella Fri 01-Nov-13 21:30:34

I have very thick waist length fuzzy straight hair, it works grin

I can only curl half way down the hair though as it is so long, my friend with shoulder length hair uses it right at the top of her hair.

I use it on the lowest setting an the curls stay all day!

Imwoodword Fri 01-Nov-13 21:27:45

Suits was it the perfect curl or secret curl styler you got from Boots?

I recently had all my hair chopped of into a bob. I'm so jealous! I'm going to get one when my hair has grown. How long do you think it will have to be? <impatient>

OhTheDrama Fri 01-Nov-13 20:52:55

Crap this board is seriously bad for my bank card! Bought some enrapture extremity curlers this time last year but they leave a funny looking ridge where the clip has been. Have ordered these in the hope I get better looking curls. Had some Tesco club cards points sitting so ended up getting the curl secret for £60!

SuitsYouFleur Fri 01-Nov-13 16:22:56

£107. Result!

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 01-Nov-13 16:20:18

how much did you pay suits? if you don't mind me asking

SuitsYouFleur Fri 01-Nov-13 16:12:40

Boots have an online promotion until 4th Nov. 20% off all orders over £75 with code SPOOKY. Just ordered the Babyliss Curl Secret.

BaconAndAvocado Fri 01-Nov-13 15:01:53

Wow! It looks amazing but think I'll stick to my wand and heated rollers until they lower the price!

OddBoots Fri 01-Nov-13 14:37:55

No, not yet. sad I only got dispatch notice this morning so I'm guessing tomorrow or Monday.

thelittlemothersucker Fri 01-Nov-13 12:33:19

Oddboots - did it come yet?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 01-Nov-13 12:19:56

oh bugger, gorn and done it I am so easily led, but it does look so easy and curls will be a nice change once in a while... <looks forlornly at curling tongs and wand sitting in wardrobe unused>

prettyinpink90 Thu 31-Oct-13 12:48:18

Ahhh i've just watched the video and I really want one now!

OddBoots Thu 31-Oct-13 12:45:52

It would indeed, almost giving them away. ~coughs~ ~looks guilty~

mammadiggingdeep Thu 31-Oct-13 12:04:24

Thanks for the link oddboots. That's a good saving. Would be rude not to get one at that price.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now