Only you will understand Mumsnet.

(26 Posts)
Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 17:21:31

I have been meaning to dye my hair for a bit, but was trying to put it off until closer to the time when i go on holiday in 4 weeks...So, getting all dolled up for a night on the piss lat night, and noticed that i actually had far more grey than i thought i did
the solution?

to colour it in with an eyebrow pencil.

It worked too!

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sun 31-Mar-13 17:23:12

I'm going to start saving all the eyebrow pencils I buy and don't use because they are too red then!

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 17:32:40

I think this could be a thing - i need to dragon's den this shit

would have been funn y if it had rained. grin

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sun 31-Mar-13 17:41:38

Waterproof mascara for wet days?

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Mar-13 18:13:27

Jeez, you can't have much grey hair if you managed to see it off with a pencil.

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:31:42

i really did - i was like gandalf - had to sharpen the pencil loads.

waterproof mascara - hmmmm - there's an idea.

it would have been funny if it had rained - although my eyebrows don't run when it rains thinking about it..

Coconutty Sun 31-Mar-13 18:35:21

You can buy colouring pencils on Ebay for colouring in grey hair. And waterproof mascara type stuff in loads of different colours.

Spent hours lost in it a few weeks ago.

tethersend Sun 31-Mar-13 18:37:29

I think I need a magic marker.

LynetteScavo Sun 31-Mar-13 18:40:46

I have been tempted by a thick permanent marker a few times.

Annianni Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:10

I've used brown mascara in the past.

I have use a taupe eyeshadow before too! I have a big thick streak of silver right at the front. One day I will just shave my head and let is grow in au naturale but not yet, I'm too young and vain grin

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:48:14

oh bollocks, so it already exists coconutty <gutted>

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:48:36

<<off to ebay

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:53:54
Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:59:01

perm marker is worth a try i reckon

[[https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=caryn+franklin&hl=en&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NHpYUbSMJqTL0AX0oYDgDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C2%3Bd%7ChcAku-BfMP5w2M%3A this is how I hope to look] when I'm brave enough!

this is how I hope to look when I'm brave enough!

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 19:18:32

yeah she rocks the grey

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 31-Mar-13 19:21:21

Mascara definitely works, I've ben using that trick for a couple of decades now

Coconutty Sun 31-Mar-13 20:09:42

I may dye my hair black and just use a sharpie, will be cheaper in the long run. If I look like an Emo, so be it.

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sun 31-Mar-13 20:45:00

You can buy stuff called camouflage cream which matches your hair colour but goes on your scalp and is designed to disguise small bald patches (I had alopecia and used to use it for that). It's like mascara but in a big tube, semi waterproof. I've still got it somewhere (just in case). Probably ideal for this.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 31-Mar-13 21:05:26

There's a QVC thingy where a lady takes something akin to eyeshadow and VIGOROUSLY colours her hair in. And she flips her parting about to show the before and after. It's quite mesmerising.

AgathaF Sun 31-Mar-13 22:26:15

I'm a week or so overdue with the henna, and thought just yesterday that a dark red mascara type of thing would be just the job for my parting.

So many times on MN I find someone has had a similar thought on the same day. MN is ace.

3MonthMaid Mon 01-Apr-13 09:48:27

Friend swears by tween time from amazon. It's like a huge crayon for hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now