BB creams passed me by completely, now we're onto CC Creams!

(16 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 31-Mar-13 13:16:27

CC Cream

Anyone tried one? Quite fancy something that gives a bit of coverage but without me having to apply my normal foundation, for those days when I'm planning to be at home but don't want to scare small children should I need to venture outside.

Bodicea Sun 31-Mar-13 13:31:27

Don't know about cc cream but I've got the new Dior nude b&b cream which is more foundationy than their other one . It's amazing. I find foundation to heavy but this just gives light coverage and makes my skin dewy but not shiny x

auldspinster Sun 31-Mar-13 13:50:28

I've tried the lilac loreal cc cream, I like it so far, confusingly it turns apricot coloured when you put it on.

JennySense Sun 31-Mar-13 14:38:23

Lordy, I've only just started sampling BB creams - I like the idea of something to make me less ruddy though!

I tried a free sample of the L'Oreal in Elle magazine last week. It was the apricot coloured one, which is for tired skin. I was really very impressed by it and thought it would be great to use on a weekend rather than my Bobbi Brown Foundation. I did go to their website and tried to get a sample of the green (anti redness), but for some reason every time I try to submit, it won't send the request.

To cut a long story short I took the plunge yesterday and bought a tube of the sample I tried. It certainly does seem to do what it promises!

Sugarbeach Tue 09-Apr-13 15:23:19

I've also totally by passed the bb creams and just yesterday bought the Chanel cc cream, so far so good.....just a little confused now what I actually need to put on my face every morning....what with serum, moisturiser, cc cream, foundation etc....

What I think I'm doing is:

Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise morning and night as usual. Then at a weekend, day off I'm using the CC Cream.

For work, I'm using smashbox primer and then applying my usual foundation.

chickydoo Wed 10-Apr-13 08:50:44

Sorry to be thick, but what does bb actually stand for? And cc?
Thanks

auldspinster Wed 10-Apr-13 13:48:27

BB is Blemish Balm and CC is Colour Corrector.

auldspinster Wed 10-Apr-13 13:49:38

I'm just using mine as a light foundation. I got complemented on my skin twice yesterday so it must be doing something right.

lololizzy Wed 10-Apr-13 13:55:46

i got the green L'oreal one yest, not tried yet. Has anyone? didn't like BB creams, i'm a shiny lass, they all made me more glowy

lololizzy Wed 10-Apr-13 13:56:47

this is what i don't get ...if the green one covers up red..but goes on to change to a foundation hue rather than green..then there's no actual green to counteract the red....gah have i wasted my 9.99?

chickydoo Wed 10-Apr-13 17:26:21

Thank you oldspinster, I am enlightened

Emo76 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:30:51

I have the L'Oreal green one. it's not bad but I don;t think it covers up red any more than a normal CC cream would

noddyholder Wed 10-Apr-13 17:31:09

BB cream is amazing! Never heard of CC but like the true beauty junkie I am I am off to investigate grin

cocolepew Wed 10-Apr-13 17:33:40

I use the lilac L'Oreal one. At the monent I'm mixing it with my usual foundation, but would wear it on its own if I had a bit more colour. It turns quite dark. I like it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now