nicest home frangrance/air freshener thing

(16 Posts)
expatinscotland Tue 02-Apr-13 20:40:45

Beeswax candles.

armagh Tue 02-Apr-13 20:36:19

Rituals do thise reed things too. Don't kniw what it is called but there is one that is lovely

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Mon 01-Apr-13 09:56:21

I like Wax Lyrical lavender reed diffuser, just a subtle waft of lavender as you walk past. You can only smell it when you get within a few feet of it though, won't fill the house, that's probably true of all reed diffusers though.

Icelollycraving Mon 01-Apr-13 09:50:22

Diptiqye every time!

Chinateacup Sun 31-Mar-13 21:18:58

Diptyque candles. Expensive but wonderful ...

CadiM Sun 31-Mar-13 21:15:30

I was given the Jo Malone lemon linen spray, which is nice and fresh and I occasionally spray it around the bedroom and living room. But generally air fresheners remind me of bathrooms, and not in a good way...

emsibub Sun 31-Mar-13 21:06:48

Think Yankee candles are hard to beat

WildThong Netherlands Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:57

Another vote for M&S green fig here, lovely

sara11272 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:06

Ps expensive though, wait for the sale when they are always 40% off!

sara11272 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:02:42

The Laura Ashley 'jars with sticks in' are nice and last for ages, loads of good fragrances

thebestpossibletaste Sun 31-Mar-13 21:00:39

I don't use air fresheners generally as they contain quite nasty ingredients. However, I do use Body Shop's reed diffusers and also have an aroma stone, which runs off mains and is like an essential oil burner without the tea light. That means I can leave it running all day and just top up the essential oil when needed.

armagh Sun 31-Mar-13 20:38:23

Max Benjamin candles mimosa
Or
Parks London candles- the original one is lovely

auldspinster Sun 31-Mar-13 13:57:08

Make your own with the essential oils of your choice, use a splash of vodka to fix it and top up with water.

AlanMoore Sun 31-Mar-13 13:02:03

True Grace - always get compliments on their stuff. John Lewis had a hat box set with 12 votives in which was good value.

I love Green fig, parlour and sacristy, Moroccan rose is lovely too.

Whatalotofpiffle Sun 31-Mar-13 12:57:56

Probably not what you are thinking but I use air wick air and fabric. It clings to the fabrics and smells nice for ages

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Sun 31-Mar-13 12:37:44

want to buy some air freshener type things for the house and dont mind spending a bit - thought about something from Jo Malone? what would people recommend? I want something noticeable but not overpowering, want to have the kind of house that you walk into and think 'oh that smells nice'. we have a non-smelling house at the mo, no pets/smokers, just a house that smells of not much! (so dont need anything specifically designed to mask nasty smells is what I am trying to say). TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now