handbags

(33 Posts)
gallifrey Sat 30-Mar-13 18:00:01

I have decided to treat myself to a new handbag but have no idea which brands are good or not!
Is Radley a good make? I quite like the little doggy on them!

Aquelven Sun 31-Mar-13 18:20:10

Radley bags are really well made out of good quality leather. Ones I have had lasted ages without looking scruffy or costing £800+ like certain other bags that tend to be drooled over.

Are you near a Boundary Mill? They sell them much cheaper.
If you like Radley you'll probably like Tula or Hidedesign too, similar quality & price.

The dogs are naff ?? Well I have several Scotties, the living breathing ones, & don't consider them naff angry

MrsPresley Sun 31-Mar-13 18:29:05

I love Radley bags, very good quality and last for years, if you look after them.

I have about 23 of them and some matching purses, various colours and sizes, not all them have the doggy tag but you could always take it off if you dont like it.

Radley bags have never let me down unlike other more expensive bags I could name. The dog doesn't bother me in the slightest. I buy the bags because they are great quality, well made, well designed. I have several and they all still look great. You'll never go back smile

DontmindifIdo Sun 31-Mar-13 18:45:42

what's your budget and what do you need from a bag/style? Do you want something that's a style you have to hold in you hand/on your elbow or do you want somehting that will go over your shoulder/sit in your armpit style, or something with a cross body strap leaving you completely hands free?

Do you need something small or something that's say, big enough to fit an A4 file in (if you'll use it for work and might need to cart papers to/from, that's useful to avoid having to take two bags).

Do you want something smart/city/work friendly or something relaxed in style? Preference on colour? Do you have specifics like "must have pocket on outside for my bus/train card and keys" ?

Let us know, we will find it. (there are no right and wrong answers)

gallifrey Sun 31-Mar-13 19:48:21

I just want a nice pretty bag that will fit my purse/phone/keys/lipstick etc in. I have had a change bag for the last couple of years but as soon as dd is toilet trained I have promised myself a really nice handbag, not a Tesco/Asda/Primark job like I've had in the past either!
I would like to have a shoulder strap so I can put over my shoulder and I like pretty colours pinks, blues, purples etc.

Budget around £100 if possible don't mind going a bit over smile

gallifrey Sun 31-Mar-13 19:49:42

I borrowed a Radley bag from my Mum which I really liked which is why I am drawn to them probably.

tiena Sun 21-Apr-13 23:35:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tiena Sun 21-Apr-13 23:37:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now