HEAVENS ABOVE - i have found a dress ( worky) that fits tits

(22 Posts)
BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 12:53:15
OneHandFlapping Sat 30-Mar-13 13:08:55

I was looking at this yesterday. Nice dress, but too long for me. In fact I've seen a couple of M&S things I would have bought if they'd had them in shorter lengths. <is shortarse>

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 13:12:59

I would buy and get altered, I love that its a STRAIGHT skirt, nice short sleeves, no silly stiching around the waist or a bloody belt.

its so nice, and the navy rather less funereal than black

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 13:13:30

the comments beseech M and S to make it in diffo colours

OneHandFlapping Sat 30-Mar-13 14:08:01

It's not easy to take up - it has fairly short kick pleat at the back, which will be about 3 inches long if I take it up to teh right length.

M&S were famous for having stuff in different lengths. Now I actually want to buy soimething, they've stopped doing it.

Something knee length on a 5ft 9 model, is going to be an unflattering calf length on an average height woman.

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 14:12:30

oh I see, thats a good point.

Like it.

What is the tit issue?

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 14:59:31

for me often dresses can make me look a bit jessica Rabbit -

Bunbaker Sat 30-Mar-13 15:01:52

What do you mean by Jessica Rabbit?

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 30-Mar-13 15:03:49

I'd love if anything could make me look like Jessica Rabbit!

The dress is nice - I would prefer longer sleeves though.

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 15:05:15

I like it smile

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 15:10:21

but you dont want to look sexy at work. or not at mine, ALL the wrong messages.

anyway i commend to you all, I have an Lk bennett davina and the cut of this is better

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 15:10:39

Bunny a bit badda boom

M&S dresses way too long for me and don't fit very well - they are usually far too big on the shoulders. Glad you've found something that suits you but it would be a disaster on me.

I bought an Autograph jumper today, which is too short really. They never seem to get anything quite right for me and WHY can't I buy decent, plain, longer length, long sleeved t-shirts from them? Stupid shop - AND they didn't have any cheese scones. Grrr.

BrunellaPommelhorse Sat 30-Mar-13 16:34:59

yes used to be too long for me but for work this is perfect

am tallish though

EostreChaoticResurrEggtion Sat 30-Mar-13 16:57:12

Nice dress smile

I haven't bought anything in ages but I still remember the feeling when you find something that fits perfectly and looks good.

That style is sooo similar to the famous red work dress ( if that's you, if not, and you have no idea who I am then ignore me smile )

BrunellaPommelhorse Sun 31-Mar-13 11:36:38

yes!! isn't it?

Is perfect for you, then. Bet it looks fab.

Fairyliz Sun 31-Mar-13 15:50:13

hi Brunella thats dress looks fab. I have actually got a few smart work clothes from m& s. Could I be cheeky and ask you how long it is? I am 5ft 6inch and look best in things that just cover my kneed.
Thanks

BrunellaPommelhorse Sun 31-Mar-13 16:22:50

Then that's right for you. Can def see the bottom of knee. I'm 5'7

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now