Pricey ... But wow...

(84 Posts)
cockatoo Sat 30-Mar-13 05:55:57
Pinkflipflop Thu 18-Apr-13 18:23:52

Yes it will work for you! You select the correct setting depending on the thickness of your hair.

Get one, you'll be gorgeous and just stick on a. DVD for the dc!!grin

PoppyWearer Thu 18-Apr-13 18:21:12

I have really thick hair, will it work for me? Love my BBH!

I have a birthday soon...

<ignores fact that DCs give me no time to dry or style my hair>

Pinkflipflop Thu 18-Apr-13 18:16:39

Sorry!

I found the BBH left my hair like a greasy bush!

This is so good I'll refund anyone who doesn't love it!

(I won't really but you get my point!) grin

KristinaM Thu 18-Apr-13 18:07:33

You are not helping, pink flip flop

Pinkflipflop Thu 18-Apr-13 17:53:30

The BBH is shit IMO!

The new curling contraption is definitely not shit!

KristinaM Thu 18-Apr-13 12:47:35

< remembers having had tubes tied>

< rummages in kids piggy banks >

RubyrooUK Thu 18-Apr-13 12:43:50

Ah, well, Kristina. You already have form for spending SMP on useless hair products - you may as well join us. grin

KristinaM Thu 18-Apr-13 11:27:41

Yeah, but I listened to you lot about the babyliss big hair. Had another baby, got the money, bought the BBH and its crap. You didn't tell me it was rubbish on straight fine hair, as its too big to get near the roots.

I gave it away. Kept the baby though

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 18-Apr-13 10:55:37

Hollywood and glam, you say?!

<<Tempted. Very>>

ClaraDeLaNoche Thu 18-Apr-13 10:45:37

Do you remember when Michael Jackson announced his comeback tour and shouted "This is it!" for 20 minutes? That's you that is, after you try this contrapment.

WeAreEternal Thu 18-Apr-13 07:05:07

Oh great, another pointless gadget that I now need thanks to MN.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Pinkflipflop Thu 18-Apr-13 06:28:21

It is absolutely brilliant because you don't actually have to do anything except put the hair in.

You cannot go wrong with this so as long as you want curly hair you will be fine.

I curled my hair using the tightest curl setting and then loosened it using my fingers and it was gorgeoussmilesmile All Hollywood and glam. Have no idea why I did it as I was just having a PJ day with the baby!

TheRealFellatio Thu 18-Apr-13 06:03:59

I am tragically useless at styling my own hair. I bought some small barrelled tongs about a year ago, but I have only practised with them once so dar and I made a complete hash of it. The only thing I have ever come close to success with is the Babyliss Big Hair, which I love, but it still doesn't have quite the effect I'd hoped for.

I think I might buy this. It can sit in my cupboard with my BBH, my tongs and my straighteners, which I also can't use to save my life, and I shall no doubt continue to look like a sad bag lady except on the days when I go for a proper blow-dry.

But I like the idea that something might finally be within my meagre capabilities. grin

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 17-Apr-13 23:26:59

Oh fuck. Another enabling thread. It does sound really good. I particularly like the reference to the curls being almost too curly. Do we think this is the 'big one'? Is is far superior to the Babyliss curling wand <<eyes current burn on hand from wand and brown, crispy skin on top of ear>>.

KristinaM Wed 17-Apr-13 22:08:26

grin @ ruby

RubyrooUK Wed 17-Apr-13 20:44:45

Definitely worth it Kristina. I have worn my beautifully curled hair to sand and varnish the kitchen floor tonight while DS2 is asleep....I have used my SMP to buy hair curlers but saved money on builders.

Pandsbear Wed 17-Apr-13 18:49:56

I so want one! envy envy envy

KristinaM Wed 17-Apr-13 18:07:23

< wonders if having another baby to get SMP to buy another gadget would be worth it >

RubyrooUK Wed 17-Apr-13 17:50:02

Okay, I have received and tried. It's great. Really impressed.

I currently have hair like Beyonce if she was blonde and pale and...er, not really much like Beyonce.

But it is very fast and effective. Definitely the best curlers I have ever used.

Worth the money? Hmm...well, to be fair, I tend to curl my hair for various work events so it will pay off as it's quicker and has burnt my fingers less than anything else I've tried.

<happily justifies the expense to herself>

grin

ClaraDeLaNoche Fri 12-Apr-13 15:51:41

About 20 mins. Mid length. It's still looking a bit Bonnie Langford.

Kione Fri 12-Apr-13 15:15:19

Clara, does it take long?

ClaraDeLaNoche Fri 12-Apr-13 14:05:24

Very pleased. Think I had it on a bit high as maybe too curly but it will drop. Got a bit confused about which side was pointing to my head at the back. Also the heat gives you a shiney curl. Mummy Bookworm don't flog the GHDs! You will regret it.

RubyrooUK Fri 12-Apr-13 00:43:51

Have also ordered. Will report back on whether:

A) I have more money than sense to buy this unnecessary contraption.
B) I have had my life truly changed by something resembling the Death Star on a stick.

Hoping for B. grin

Mummybookworm Thu 11-Apr-13 20:39:19

<weeps>

I neeeed this! WIBU to sell my GHD's to part fund it?

ClaraDeLaNoche Thu 11-Apr-13 20:25:08

Mine is arriving tomorrow, yippee! Got it for £144 from Capital Hair and Beauty. It said it was for trade only so my imaginary shop is called Hair by Clare. So glad DH is away with work and will not see these arrive. It's not the money, it's the sheer volume of hair appliances. But I have a feeling that this is it, this is the life changing one that I have waited for. Oh yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now