(84 Posts)
cockatoo Sat 30-Mar-13 05:55:57
MikeChoccyCoatedLitoris Sat 30-Mar-13 06:17:57

shock I need this!

cockatoo Sat 30-Mar-13 06:36:06

MikeChoc- Like your use of 'need'!!!

MikeChoccyCoatedLitoris Sat 30-Mar-13 07:08:16

Its true.

I need lovely bouncy curls that dont take an age to do.

Not so keen on the price though.

This is one of those gadgets that you persuade a friend to buy and then 'borrow' it

grin

happymundanes Sat 30-Mar-13 07:13:52

Damn S&B threads, I've just gone and ordered one blush

happymundanes Sat 30-Mar-13 07:14:30

Or even blush

Daffyboobface Sat 30-Mar-13 08:38:10

PLEASE report back. I am intrigued!

happymundanes Sat 30-Mar-13 10:01:21

I'm a bit remorseful about the £££, but curliciously excited grin.

It looks easy in the you tube ad

Walnutcakelover Sat 30-Mar-13 14:20:44

I think they had this on QVC the other day, it was the TSV.

MikeChoccyCoatedLitoris Sat 30-Mar-13 14:29:52

Please do keep us updated. I love to curl my hair but its such hard work I don't bother too often and the sock bun way is hit and miss.

bishboschone Sat 30-Mar-13 14:37:28

That looks brilliant!!

Coconutty Sat 30-Mar-13 14:40:12

Ooh, I like it a lot.

SherbetVodka Sat 30-Mar-13 15:09:41

I was reading about this on Sali Hughes's site just now and I really want one envy

happymundanes Wed 03-Apr-13 10:22:50

It came this morning - very easy to use and lovely loose curls. The only drawback is you have to use very small sections or it stops so if you've got a lots of hair it might take a while.

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 10:27:04

Intrigued... How is it better or easier than using a large barrelled curling tong though? It doesn't seem like it would be any quicker if you still have to do little sections...I'm prepared to be convinced though grin

happymundanes Wed 03-Apr-13 11:19:56

Fluxedo, I'm rubbish at doing my hair. I'm sure I could get the effect other ways, but this just kind of does it for me. It sucks the hair into a little barrel then you release it when it pips.

I also have a yogi wand that I have NEVER USED because it's a bit fiddly and dangerous if you're a bit clod-handed.

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 11:25:14

Ah, hmm, maybe I don't really need it. I have a wand, a tong, and a set of heated rollers, all of which are great...but but...this looks really cool!

Pinkflipflop Wed 03-Apr-13 12:28:05

You definitely NEED one of these!!gringrin

Oooh I think I need one of these... before I go on holiday on Sunday. Will it work on fine, soft, shoulder length hair? Someone please tell me it will. I really want to find a curling device that works for me.

thriftychic Wed 03-Apr-13 13:35:55

that looks brill, but is it possible to get hair all tangled inside ? i have managed some hideous tangled disasters in my time with brushes and stylers blush

Quejica Wed 03-Apr-13 14:08:42

How long is the hair in the barrel for before it pips please?

Pinkflipflop Wed 03-Apr-13 15:02:28

You have to brush or comb each section before you put it into the barrel so I can't really get tangled. If you put too much hair in the barrel the machine will beep and want work; you just release your grip and you hair will fall out of the barrel.

I think it will work on shoulder length hair; well yes I know it does as I have shoulder length hair and it works on me!! grin

NumTumMum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:04:45

Is this easier than barrel curlers? I have a clumsy gene which means that I will burn my ear/cheek/scalp generally.

Pinkflipflop Wed 03-Apr-13 15:07:31

I would say definitely easier than barrel curlers as all you do with this is out the hair in and it rolls it up and curls for you. The cover of the barrel feels a little hot when you use it but I would say you couldn't rally get burnt unless you were really unlucky!!

RubyrooUK Wed 03-Apr-13 15:22:18

Want one want one want one.

Even though I have no reason or need to curl my hair ever because I have a toddler and three week old baby so my social life is shit.

Still want one. Damn you evil geniuses at Babyliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now