FINALLY found a red lipstick that doesn't make me look ill or like the Joker.

(31 Posts)
Gabaccia Fri 29-Mar-13 22:41:26

Revlon Lip Butter in red velvet. I've tried all the reds that supposedly suit everyone...and most just made me look weird. Red velvet looks so natural, yet still properly red, that I now feel like I look weird without it!

Anyway just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. For reference I'm a HoC Winter with dark brown hair, dark greeny brown eyes and very pale skin that can look sallow/ yellow in the wrong colors.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sun 31-Mar-13 14:37:16

Dior lipstick in Diva is a good choice for a proper yet softer red if that makes sense.

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sun 31-Mar-13 17:06:17

Tried to find it in a big Boots yesterday but no luck. I need to order some stuff from Boots online so might pop one in the basket.

Gabaccia Sun 31-Mar-13 22:41:04

Thanks Always, I will have a look at it next time I'm near a Dior counter. Now I know Red Velvet suits me I can use it to find similar shades. Maybe I'm finally about to become a wearer of proper lipstick...

CeeceeBloomingdale Mon 01-Apr-13 07:54:25

I'll have to try that, my colouring is exactly the same as you describe.

DIddled Wed 03-Apr-13 22:54:33

Got it! Not tried on as I have been full of cold with a whacking cold sore bur it looks nice sort of a brick red! Will report back! Also bought a LOreal gel liner in Golden black - very nice and a change from the black I wear normally!

DIddled Wed 03-Apr-13 22:56:34

I will post a pic if I can find one- be scaredsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now