Best grey skinnies?

(23 Posts)
fififolle Fri 29-Mar-13 19:26:01

That's it really... any recommendations?

JumpHerWho Fri 29-Mar-13 21:32:36

Primark, seriously.

GinAndSlimlinePlease Fri 29-Mar-13 21:33:31

I love mine, but they're long tall Sally, so only for us tall folk.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 29-Mar-13 21:34:59

I have good topshop Baxter ones

Had some great ones from Primark. Lovely soft grey colour, good stretch in the fabric and well fitted around the waist. My only complaint is that they were very long but it was nothing that my ever handy wundaweb couldn't sort out grin

foxysocks Fri 29-Mar-13 22:17:17

goldsign virtuals. got mine from the outnet. ah-may-zing.

cleangreens Fri 29-Mar-13 22:18:40

All Saints Ashby smile

HappyGirlNow Fri 29-Mar-13 22:26:26

Primark jeans are normally really good but don't know about their grey ones. I've seen really nice ones in Next too.

bunnymother Sat 30-Mar-13 07:04:28

Zara TRF. £26 and great fit and colour.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Mar-13 07:50:19

I have all saints ashby, too low on me and probably making an appearance on eBay later today.

Nice fabric though.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Mar-13 12:50:02

My jeans are on eBay now if anyone wants them. Bought new with tags etc.

W29, L29.

Tuppence2 Sun 31-Mar-13 09:33:49

I got the Primark ones yesterday and they're lovely!
I got the super skinny grey jeans and they were only £11.00. They have some stretch in them, and they're so soft!

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Mar-13 13:25:36

I've just ordered some from Zara, possibly the ones Bunnymother mentioned. Catchily named "mini studded skinny trousers with pockets" ( sorry, no linkies on this tablet).

bunnymother Sun 31-Mar-13 14:04:04

Yes! They are the ones - I love the silvery grey colour. I hope they work as well for you as they are for me.

I like the look of these here, which the blogger reviews:

Def worth a look (River Island).

bunnymother Sun 31-Mar-13 15:18:40

Maybe it depends on what shade of grey you want? The River Island ones are a mid-grey, and look fab, and the Zara ones are a light grey.

chocolatecheesecake Sun 31-Mar-13 19:10:43

Dorothy Perkins soft jeggings. V comfy, wash well and keep their shape.

How is the rise on the Zara ones? I tried some v nice (but quite dark) Mint Velvet ones yesterday and was horrified to find them too flippin' low. I am quite high waisted but have jeans from Zara that somehow just work...what do you Zara owners think?

bunnymother Sun 31-Mar-13 19:15:41

I think they would be described as mid-rise. Definitely not low rise and, while I don't have any high rise jeans, they wouldn't be high rise.

Thanks - worth a try then. I am fed up of high rise, comforting as they may be! They look similar in shape to some TRF 'skinny' jeans I have so here's hoping.

RustyBear Sun 31-Mar-13 20:01:08

DD is wearing a nice pair of TopShop Leigh style grey skinnies right now....

fififolle Mon 08-Apr-13 20:31:06

Thank you for all of your suggestions.
I've had primark skinnies in the past but didn't like them at all.
Went in to RL today, none were the mid grey that I wanted but none hit the spot size wise either.
Off to Manchester on Wednesday so will try top shop and all saints

fififolle Thu 11-Apr-13 13:50:56

Jeans update... All Saints ones looked like they'd been sprayed on- also not helped by 2 yr old 'personal shopper' who slapped my thighs whilst saying "wobble wobble" and agreed "yes mummy, your bottom is too big"!
Top shop Baxters are fab and have been purchased- seem great value and didn't attract any abuse from the personal shopper!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now