Recommend your wonder hair product please

(23 Posts)
WasWats Fri 29-Mar-13 08:45:53

I have shoulder length fine hair that just never sits right. The only time I had it looking good was when I used Moroccan Oil that I had as a present, but that is mega bucks.

Also, no matter what it is always a total mess the next day.

Anyone try John F 3 days straight before?

Karbea Fri 29-Mar-13 08:56:33

The best product ever is 'its a ten' but hard to get in the uk.

glitch Fri 29-Mar-13 09:05:15

Have recently started using silicone free products and my hair is so much better. It seems to have some life again rather than just dry and dead.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:55:08

I use 3 day straight, it's a good product.

I've gone back to Aveda shampoo too, my hairs looking much better.

NomDePrune Fri 29-Mar-13 15:14:54

The Elnett styling spray has made a big difference to how my hair behaves. It's fine and straight so I use the 3 Days Volume one but there's one called 3 Days Straight too. It has heat protection too, and no 'flammable' warning like some hair products.
I discovered it before I saw Cheryl Cole advertising it!

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 29-Mar-13 18:12:43

I keep going back to Frizz Ease
I found Argan oil from eBay was also good if used vv sparingly

Also use clarifying shampoo once a month to remove build up of silicone etc.

AlistairSim Fri 29-Mar-13 18:17:12

Charles Worthington Hair healer leave-in conditioner.

A huge tube is about £5, I use a tiny amount and it makes my hair strong and glossy.

I love it.

Allthingspretty Fri 29-Mar-13 18:23:05

Aveda damage remedy conditioner
The sanctuary sachets you get in boots. So far i have tried the buttet shine sachet and the clay masque. Have the oil treatment one and another one to try.

Wella SP Hydromilk.
I have fine straight hair and this works v well for me.

VO5 hot oil - been using it since well before all the other oils came out. Also have fine hair shoulder length - makes it lovely and bouncy if I say so myself. I spend loads on hair products and always come back to this.

Daffyboobface Fri 29-Mar-13 21:41:49

Agenda smooth infusion. Check out the reviews on makeupalley. Amazing stuff!

Mumelie Fri 29-Mar-13 21:54:15

Sorry but its morrocan oil - makes my hair 'normal'

ToothGah Fri 29-Mar-13 22:49:29

I use 3 Day Straight and sometimes it's great, sometimes it leaves my hair really sticky.

I can't work out why that is though - perhaps reacting to different conditioners, I change products a lot. It tends to work best when I've just dyed my hair.

What I have found is a really good alternative to Moroccan oil (which again, sometimes works great, sometimes has no effect - I must have weird hair) is Mellor and Russell Miracle Moisture Nourishing Hair Oil with Argan Oil from Poundland.

Redken Deep Fuel is amazing, but they've stopped making it. It works out a few quid per tube if you can get it.

Joico K Pak is supposed to be really good as well - it's on my list grin

The best thing by far for conditioning my hair is La Riche Directions dye - but you're talking pretty wacky colours smile

Nattynar Fri 29-Mar-13 22:52:56

Redken Anti Snap in conjuction with Aussie Miracle Moist.
I have bleached fine straight hair.

Olifer Fri 29-Mar-13 23:31:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MrsShrek3 Fri 29-Mar-13 23:33:57

another vote for Aussie - I use various stuff. best imho is the spray leave-in conditioner with heat (resisting? protecting?) something. brilliant stuff.

redskynight Sat 30-Mar-13 08:41:50

Coconut oil, just put a little in your hands until it melts and rub on scalp/hair lightly, leave for half an hour and wash. Turns dry lifeless hair into soft. Love it.

BedHanger Sat 30-Mar-13 08:49:49

Naked shampoo and conditioner - silicone and SLS free. My hair used to be limp and greasy by the end of the day but now it holds its volume really well.

Jelly15 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:07:26

I have the same hair and can't do without Frizz ease for fine hair.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sun 31-Mar-13 19:21:47

I second coconut oil. also THIS is truly a miracle product if you have time and patience

perplexedpirate Sun 31-Mar-13 19:27:43

I love the opportunity to bang on about coconut oil.
It is magic! Slap it on at night, shower off in the morning: ta da! Full, swishy, shiny locks.
And it's cheap as chips. I get mine on eBay.

puzzlepetal Sun 31-Mar-13 20:31:18

KMS flat out. Only products that turn a curly haystack in to something manageable.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 31-Mar-13 20:32:54

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. Best treatment ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now