Is this nice for a wedding or am I nuts?

(15 Posts)
birdies Wed 27-Mar-13 18:36:14

www.littlewoods.com/teatro-lace-and-zebra-print-dress/1180240577.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f1661%2fs%2fhighestrated%2c0%2fo%2f2%2fr%2f100

I'm 34....

Had outfit sorted but changed my mind so now on the lookout for a knee length or just below knee dress, A-line shape as I'm a 14. Any other ideas please?!

minibmw2010 Wed 27-Mar-13 18:41:33

The lace is lovely but the animal print clashes horribly, sorry.

MrsMeow Wed 27-Mar-13 18:53:42

Not sure about the print...it's nice but a bit high fashion so you'd prob not get much wear out of the dress in the future?

I've posted this on here before but I've just bought this dress from Next for a wedding. It's a very similar A line shape to the one you posted, although doesn't look it in the pic. It's very flattering on, comes to just below the knees (I'm 5.5) and more importantly skims over my tum!

BackforGood Wed 27-Mar-13 18:57:22

I'm inclined to agree - I like the shape of it, but I think the print and the lace together are too much.
I like the one MrsMeow has linked to, although it's ttwice the price.

HollyBollyBooBoo Wed 27-Mar-13 19:11:07

I really like it!

birdies Wed 27-Mar-13 19:17:16

Thanks everyone. mrsmeow would that dress be ok for someone 'wide of hip'?! Looks narrower after the hip rather than A-line?

Ooh I really like the m&co one

birdies Wed 27-Mar-13 19:18:24

Ah but glaik that one also maybe isn't A-line? I can't see me getting small enough to suit anything other than a skirt that flares out a bit

TheonlyWayisGerard Wed 27-Mar-13 19:24:24

I love it, but then I'm a sucker for animal print. I also have the m an co dress in black, and it's lovely. My current favourite.

It does flare a bit. There is one layer of net underneath, but you could add another. I am "wide of hip" and it is actually very flattering. And I am bigger than you size wise.

As an aside on your original link down the right hand side was a red dress similar to you original one. I like that!

birdies Wed 27-Mar-13 19:31:13

I do really love the look of that m&co dress, going to order it, thanks! smile

Yay! Soon there will be so many of us with it it will be like the MN scarf!!

birdies Wed 27-Mar-13 19:55:43

I hope we're not all going to the same wedding!!

MrsMeow Wed 27-Mar-13 21:11:49

I see you've found your dress now (it's lovely, I've seen it in RL, sadly after I'd bought mine!!) but yes, the Next one is def for the 'wide of hip' - I'm one myself grin

It's really deceiving. I'd seen it online but ignored it despite loving the print as I thought it looked too pencil skirtish. It really isn't though, it's gorgeous on, 50s style. I'm going to wear it with black Mary Jane shoes with a little heel, a black cardi or cream sequin shrug, not sure yet, and red bag, nails, jewellery and hair smile

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 28-Mar-13 15:36:00

Love that M&Co one - really don't have any occassion to wear that dress so trying hard to sit on my hands and not order it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now