Anyone know of a good intensive conditioner without silicone?

(15 Posts)
SofaCanary Wed 27-Mar-13 19:33:53

Pureology hydrate is free of nasties.

curlyLJ Wed 27-Mar-13 19:08:25

wow JetJungle that is some list!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Might try the naked one as I have used their leave-in and that was nice. Didn't realise they did an intensive/deep treatment one...will go and investigate.

JumpHerWho Wed 27-Mar-13 11:59:48

<kisses JetJungle> thanks smile

Sarahh356 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:44:39

Hi there! Try Foltene Conditioner (on Amazon), around £10, silicone free!

JetJungle Tue 26-Mar-13 22:54:43

Something in this list should do the trick?

Conditioners
Asda coconut natural approx 90p
Asda jojoba approx 90p
Louise Galvin Naked Hair £10 (tho sometimes on sale £7)
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose approx £9 - Curly Emporium
Dr Organics Aloe Vera approx £4
Naked Conditioners (avail in Boots) £3.91 - Naked shine Hydrating Co is CG (2 water soluble cones), Naked Rescue Intensive Care, Naked rescue repairing Hair treatment repairing sachet, Naked colour protecting co (2 water soluble cones), Naked Vitamin Boost, Naked Detox Balancing co (1 water soluble cone), Naked Care sensistive co, Naked Volume Weightless co (2 water soluble cones)
Original Source £1+ Garnier Fructus Repair & Shine £1-£2
Garnier Fructus sleek and shine around £2
Inecto Pure Coconut Oil (500ml) £2
Superdrug Naturals Intensive Conditioner Coconut and Sweet Almond £1.85
Superdrug Naturals Conditioner Coconut and Sweet Almond (300ml) £1
Boots Ingredients Intensive hair mask Honey and Jojoba (350ml) £2
Boots Ingredients Intensive hair mask Coconut and Almond (350ml) £2
Pure Nuff Stuff conditioner approx £5.50 (order from website)
Knot Today £10.50 - Curly Emporium
Avocado Detangling Conditoner £8.95 - Curly Emporium
Coconut Conditioner £10.95 - Curly Emporium
Curl Assurance Daily Conditioner £15.95 - Curly Emporium
Faith in Nature conditioners for cowash - approx £3.90 - £4.50 (Whole Foods and some health stores)
Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave in - approx £7.80 (available from Nubian Heritage shops and online)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango - £1.69-£1.99
Biolage conditioning balm - approx £8.99 (Sally’s in some stores)
Dr Organics Manuka Honey Conditioner approx £4.99 (Holland & Barretts)
Somerfield Jojoba & balsam (under) £1
Morrisons fruits conditioners around 99p
Big baby conditioner £4.50 for 250ml, £2.50 for 100ml
Feed the conditioner £4.50 for 250ml, £2.50 for 100ml
C Curls conditioner £4.50 for 250ml, £2.50 for 100ml
Straight conditioner £4.50 for 250ml, £2.50 for 100ml
Tesco Extracts coconut conditioner approx £1.50
Body Shop Rainforest around £4
Schwarzkopf Supersoft Bio Pomegranate Conditioner £1-£2
Loreal Restore Conditioner (white and red bottle advertised by Cheryl Cole)
Tresemme Naturals Tea Tree and Peppermint around £1.75
Sainsburys family apple conditioner 500ml approx 88p
Morrisons big and beautiful conditioner 400ml approx £1

Moisturisers
Dabur Vatika Natural Hair Fall Cream £1.99 -£2.99 @ BSS
Taliah Waajid’s Kinky Wavy Natural Herbal Style & Shine £3-£4 also @ BSS.

Deep Treatments
Louise Galvin Natural Locks Deep Treatment - something like £12 at John Lewis.
L’oreal Nutri Gloss mask in the pink tub
Andrew Barton S.O.S HELP ME!

SquidgyMummy Tue 26-Mar-13 22:42:38

warm cup of olive or coconut oil. massage in, leave for and hour, shampoo out = lovely soft hair

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Tue 26-Mar-13 22:35:10

I use Dr O shampoo and conditioner - do they do an intensive mask Mousey? I'm working my way through the range, love the soaps and handcream too.

Lush really don't do themselves any favours with the strong smelling shops, I love the smell, but so many hate it. They've got lots of fabulous products, many of which don't smell strong and are just putting people off.

LittleTyga Tue 26-Mar-13 22:29:49

Naked conditioners are nice for curly hair, they do an intensive conditioner too.

MousyMouse Tue 26-Mar-13 22:21:07

dr organics from h&b. dc use the coconut atm, smells nice and makes hair lovely.

curlyLJ Tue 26-Mar-13 22:19:01

Thanks WhoKnows but I can't even bring myself to walk into that shop - can't stand the smell and don't know how those poor staff manage it all day grin might have to buy that online instead!

curlyLJ Tue 26-Mar-13 22:17:10

Silicones coat your hair searching and aren't good in the long run as the shampoo you then use has to have stronger chemicals (can't remember the name - sulphates maybe) to wash them out and then the conditioner just re-coats it again. It's meant to make it look nice and shiny but if you have curly, dry hair in particular then this combo is not a good thing, believe me!

Now I have gone 'low poo' (google it) I don't use the harsh chemicals therefore can't use anything with silicone in it as it won't wash out.

wally i presume you are talking about water-soluble silicone which is better, but still not good for my curly locks!

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Tue 26-Mar-13 22:12:03

I use Lush Jasmine and Henna Fluff Eaze mask. It has a small amount of SLS in it, which I know is supposed to be a no for curly girls, but I think a small amount in a mask as opposed to a shampoo is fine. I use it in conjunction with no SLS/no silicone shampoos and conditioners and it makes my hair super silky. Smells very strong though. I had a free sample form Lush which I got several uses out of, very generous. I pop it on as soon as I get up and wash it out in the shower half an hour later.

searching4serenity Tue 26-Mar-13 22:11:02

What's with the silicone? Is it as bad as SLS etc??

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 26-Mar-13 22:08:16

There are good silicones and bad ones apparently.

Try Kevin Murphy? I use Angel Rinse and the results are amazing from a 10p coin amount. He does some treatments too. It's Australian but you can get the range in the UK.

curlyLJ Tue 26-Mar-13 22:02:29

I have been following the curly girl/low poo regime for a while now and my hair has been looking so much better lately... I have been using the Tresemme Naturals range which seems to suit my hair but I couldn't find an intensive treatment in the 'naturals' range - they all had 'cones. Anyone know of a good one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now