Best style blogs?

(67 Posts)
Fuckitthatlldo Sun 24-Mar-13 10:34:57

I am just a little bit in love with The Sartorialist and can waste far too much time browsing through his site archives. Can anyone recommend any other decent style blogs? I'm 37 and tend to prefer classic, as opposed to overly trendy styles. Thanks!

FrugalFashionista Sun 24-Mar-13 11:34:18

Le Catch and Stockholm Street Style and South Molton St Style. Am a classic dresser too but follow street style to keep my look fresh with small nods to trends.

NinaNannar Sun 24-Mar-13 11:39:07

look in the archives - there are millions of threads on this

bakerbump Sun 24-Mar-13 12:14:48
Fuckitthatlldo Sun 24-Mar-13 13:53:02

Oooh thanks everyone! Shall have a look at your recommendations now. Am snuggled up poorly sick on my sofa so don't even have to feel guilty about wasting large amounts of time on the internet today!

bunnymother Sun 24-Mar-13 18:00:43

You might also enjoy www.allwornoutblog.com/

WipsGlitter Sun 24-Mar-13 18:07:11

I've lost interest in lots of them. Lots of sponsored posts. I like "fab at any age" and "not dressed as lamb" even though I don't really like her style at all. Style guile is ok but a bit prim and buttoned up, plus she did a blog recently about a clothes rail confused.

There's one called "cup of Jo" that has lots of good links to quirky stuff, although I mostly wonder how she affords everything when she doesn't seem to work.

NinaNannar Sun 24-Mar-13 18:16:42

Style guile is prim. She's the Patty simcock of blogs.

Who is the Rizzo?

NinaNannar Sun 24-Mar-13 18:41:09

No one.

Fuckitthatlldo Sun 24-Mar-13 18:42:17

I quite like prim. Shall have a mooch.

I've been quite mean about Style Guile on here before and I'd actually like to hold my hands up and say I was a dick, blogging isn't easy and you'll never please everyone all of the time. She has her own style and sticks to it, which I admire and I think she's picked out some really nice lately! <repents>

really nice things, sigh.

Daisy1973 Sun 24-Mar-13 20:18:11

There are so many .. for me I like
wwwavenue57.blogspot.co.uk/
www.schoolgatestyle.com/
poppys-style.com/
doesmybumlook40.blogspot.co.uk/

I like to see blogs with women posting what they wear, not always about what they want to buy, that's boring

bunnymother Sun 24-Mar-13 21:50:03

I just found this one that looks really good, too: mymidlifefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

issimma Mon 25-Mar-13 07:02:42

All worn out
Twentymumthing
Susiesoso
Applied style
Does my bum look 40

All uk based, mix of budgets, mums (if that matters).

TrampyPanterNoster Mon 25-Mar-13 07:21:40

I love susie soso its worth just browsing sites like wordpress and blogspot for blogs and taking a nose through the mn bloggers network, there are loads of style blogs there including mine

Fuckitthatlldo Mon 25-Mar-13 08:44:17

What's yours Trampy?

Have had a look at Does my bum look 40 before. Not keen for some reason. Not sure why. I never like her shoes. I'm sure she's devastated grin

TrampyPanterNoster Mon 25-Mar-13 09:29:08

It might be here

I'm addicted to fashion blogs ( and Pinterest), I follow ;

www.schoolgatestyle.com/?m=1 covers everything, high street prices, Has N Ireland covered.
susiesoso.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1more dressed down, very funny.
styleguile.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1the only person who can make COS exciting!
doesmybumlook40.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1bonkers, loves skinny jeans,v long legs.
www.styleateveryage.com/p/about.html?m=1knows a lot about nail varnish and higher end stuff.
www.allwornoutblog.com/S and B MNetters
www.theonlinestylist.co.uk/
www.appliedstyle.co.uk/ * Hopefully* colour queen
twentymumthing.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/if-i-didnt-share-this-jumper-id-be-shellfish/ Ambers blog
www.thepinkpeonies.com/search/label/my%20looks very pink
simplyme091909.blogspot.co.uk/ sister of pink, I'm sure they share clothes!

I think I'm an expert! I get different things from all of them.

Madeamassivemistake Mon 25-Mar-13 22:28:33

Oooh thank you Drywhite and everyone else too. Lots to be getting my teeth into.

Think The Sartorialist will always be my first love though - he has such good taste and such a brilliant eye for detail.

Matsikula Mon 25-Mar-13 22:39:32

The blog 'Stil in Berlin' has links to a whole bunch of street style blogs in different cities around the world. None of them are quite as tasteful as the Sartorialist though, but they are a bit more varied.

I like the Sartorialist but get very annoyed by the fact that he snaps endless older, even larger men, but rarely does the same for older ladies, and once labelled a picture of a woman who looked to be a toned size 12 as 'an object lesson in dressing a bigger woman' or something to that effect. And then couldn't understand why people got annoyed with him.

Fuckitthatlldo Mon 25-Mar-13 22:55:24

Yes actually I remember seeing something similar on his site Matsikula. Something about not needing very slim legs for a certain item to look good. And then, in the picture, was a woman with what seemed to me like perfectly slim, but healthy (as opposed to twig like) looking legs. I remember thinking, 'eh?'

nipersvest Tue 26-Mar-13 09:27:29

have only just got into following all these style blogs, am quite enjoying them but am a little curious as to how some fund their regular shopping sprees envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now