cost to repair boots

(14 Posts)
BramblyHedge Sat 23-Mar-13 20:49:36

Thanks Donkey. After seeing my boots are out of stock until June I looked on the outlet site and found some nice brown ones for £70. Change will do me good :-)

BramblyHedge Sat 23-Mar-13 17:05:33

Thanks for all the replies. I shall have a think about my options. I wonder if I have been unlucky with my zips?

DolomitesDonkey Sat 23-Mar-13 14:15:45

They have an outlet section on their website and you can be ruthless and wait for their 70% sales. I rarely pay more than 60 a pair.

NickECave Sat 23-Mar-13 14:13:37

I had to replace the zip in one of my knee high Camper flat boots a month or two ago and paid £30 (London). I did only pay £10 for the boots in a charity shop 2 years ago so still a bargain! New heels for a pair of flat boots around my way costs about £12 for the pair.

twentythirteen Sat 23-Mar-13 14:09:52

I'm not surprised. I bought two pairs of duo boots this winter and can see that the heels will not last.

lottie63 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:36:48

Zips were quoted to me at £2:50 an inch. My zips always go though I suspect this is to do with them flopping over when off as I dont bother to use a boot insert thing to keep them upright. As a result, the zip teeth get all out of line and the zip itself then wont run up n down smoothly.

sausagetown Sat 23-Mar-13 08:00:09

I have a pair of knee-length boots and the local shop charges £35 EACH for zips. Still a bit cheaper than buying a new pair of boots though. (New heels were considerably less, but I can't remember the price).

Silverstar2 Fri 22-Mar-13 20:59:32

I love Duo boots, and have several flat pairs, but I do find the original heels go quite quick - I have them repaired a a small local place (Oxfordshire), and they cost £7, well worth it, as the boots I have and wear all winter day in day out cost £150. Not sure about zips, I would contact them

SewCrafty Fri 22-Mar-13 19:42:10

Zips shouldn't need replacing surely?? They're going to be pricey. Can you call/visit Duo and see if they'll replace them as the zips shouldn't break.

I've had the heels of a pair of Duo flat boots repaired and they last longer than the originals. Probably cost about £12.

BirdStrike Fri 22-Mar-13 19:28:10

Still cheaper than new boots though!

BirdStrike Fri 22-Mar-13 19:27:39

I know, it's not cheap... I am putting off getting another pair of boots repaired...

BramblyHedge Fri 22-Mar-13 18:10:51

Ouch! Thanks

BirdStrike Fri 22-Mar-13 18:08:14

I paid about £30 for a zip a couple of years ago.

BramblyHedge Fri 22-Mar-13 18:06:48

I have some duo boots which I have had for two years and love. However both heel soles have gone and both zips. I need to replace them but wondering if can justify £150 when these haven't lasted that long. Does anyone know roughly how much it costs to fix the heel sole and replace zips? I know I can ask but in the shop but just want a vague idea as if it is too much I will order some new boots tonight. Ta x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now