Anyone love Revlon Lipbutters ? Recommend me a colour....

(11 Posts)
Fanjounchained Fri 22-Mar-13 18:06:19

I have a £3 off voucher for Boots and am in need of a new lippy. I recently changed my hair colour (was very pale blonde before) so am used to nude/peachy kind of colours. Now have red/copper coloured hair and feel I need a wee bit more colour on my lips but don't want anything to garish. Was in my local Boots today but a bit disappointed to see they didn't have the new colours which I've seen mentioned on a few beauty blogs. Any recommendations MNers ?

NomDeOrdinateur Fri 22-Mar-13 20:32:49

Macaroon is lovely, although I think it must vary by batch as people complain about too much gold shimmer.

I really want Candy Apple (a friend of mine has it and it's a lovely non-obtrusive red) but I haven't found it in shops yet... sad

VillaVillekulla Fri 22-Mar-13 20:38:57

I really want the new colours too and have been to about 3 big Boots shops and 3 Superdrugs but no luck. I really like Berry Smoothie for a pretty natural pink. pink truffle is nice for a more nude colour. I fancy either candy Apple or Tutti Frutti.

Sweet tart and strawberry shortcake are both lovely

TallulahBetty Sun 24-Mar-13 16:53:13

I have Creme Brulee (nude beige/caramel) and Candy Apple (red) and both are lovely. Opposite ends of the scale haha but still.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 24-Mar-13 17:03:06

Macaroon is nice but I'm in the 'too much shimmer' camp. Shame, because it would be a perfect daytime pink if not for that.

Candy Apple is a lovely red, great for anyone who finds red a bit full-on.

I bought Watermelon this week and love it. Its a red with orange tones and applies more sheerly than Candy Apple.

FYI Boots have a 3 for 2 on make up at the moment.

Fanjounchained Sun 24-Mar-13 18:46:25

I'm liking the sound of candy apple.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 24-Mar-13 18:52:27

I have 001 - no idea what the name of it is, as I am in France and it doesn't have a name. It is a nude colour - like your own lips, but a bit better. I really like it.

peggyblackett Sun 24-Mar-13 19:35:12

Candy Apple is lovely.

bluebump Sun 24-Mar-13 19:36:38

I have Candy Apple, it's nice. I also have Lollipop I think it is.

TallulahBetty Sun 24-Mar-13 20:16:56

Candy Apple is especially good for people who, like me blush , are nervous of red lipstick. It's a really nice wash of colour without being too sheer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now