Does anyone or has anyone tried to thread their own eyebrows?

(10 Posts)
BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 20:18:16

From the right, I mean

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 20:17:56

I'll settle down to watch a few videos and hope I catch on.

I managed a few good tries on my left eyebrow but couldn't get a thing from the left.

EMUZ Mon 25-Mar-13 19:57:44

I don't - was quite a while ago. I remember I did watch quite a few videos before settling on one!

And it took a little practice at getting better

alarkaspree Mon 25-Mar-13 19:36:20

I learned to thread from youtube and can do my upper lip, but I have never got the hang of doing my eyebrows. My nose seems to get in the way of getting the right angle. I think the professionals use longer threads than I can manage, so maybe with sufficient practice it is possible.

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 19:33:58

Do you remember what YouTube video it was?

EMUZ Sat 23-Mar-13 17:16:25

Me but I taught myself from youtube!

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Sat 23-Mar-13 16:21:46

I was offered the class because I'm studying beauty but I'm sure there's probably independent organisations that'll do classes. What area are you in?

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 22-Mar-13 23:38:22

Ooh a class? Is this part of a beauty course or do they do threading classes by themselves?

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Fri 22-Mar-13 21:32:08

Actually just went to a threading class today. The technique is very straightforward, then it's just practice practice practice!!!!

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 22-Mar-13 17:54:38

That's it really. I would really like to learn, but I'm not sure if it's that easy to teach yourself at home.

I've seen some youtube videos and I kind of get it, but I'm struggling with the technique. I keep getting it and then losing it and am hopeless with my right eyebrow.

Any horror or success stories?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now