Does anyone or has anyone tried to thread their own eyebrows?

(10 Posts)
BinksToEnlightenment Fri 22-Mar-13 17:54:38

That's it really. I would really like to learn, but I'm not sure if it's that easy to teach yourself at home.

I've seen some youtube videos and I kind of get it, but I'm struggling with the technique. I keep getting it and then losing it and am hopeless with my right eyebrow.

Any horror or success stories?

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Fri 22-Mar-13 21:32:08

Actually just went to a threading class today. The technique is very straightforward, then it's just practice practice practice!!!!

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 22-Mar-13 23:38:22

Ooh a class? Is this part of a beauty course or do they do threading classes by themselves?

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Sat 23-Mar-13 16:21:46

I was offered the class because I'm studying beauty but I'm sure there's probably independent organisations that'll do classes. What area are you in?

EMUZ Sat 23-Mar-13 17:16:25

Me but I taught myself from youtube!

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 19:33:58

Do you remember what YouTube video it was?

alarkaspree Mon 25-Mar-13 19:36:20

I learned to thread from youtube and can do my upper lip, but I have never got the hang of doing my eyebrows. My nose seems to get in the way of getting the right angle. I think the professionals use longer threads than I can manage, so maybe with sufficient practice it is possible.

EMUZ Mon 25-Mar-13 19:57:44

I don't - was quite a while ago. I remember I did watch quite a few videos before settling on one!

And it took a little practice at getting better

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 20:17:56

I'll settle down to watch a few videos and hope I catch on.

I managed a few good tries on my left eyebrow but couldn't get a thing from the left.

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 25-Mar-13 20:18:16

From the right, I mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now