Layering mascara?

(10 Posts)
MooMinCow Tue 26-Mar-13 16:37:07

Revitalash does take a bit of time to work I think. It's only when I curl my lashes too do I see how long they are (otherwise they tend to point straight out and down!)

MooMin I've used Revitalash since about mid January time (so now 7-8 weeks).
I used mascara and curlers today and I thought oh, very nice -which for my eyelashes is a huge improvement.
My eyebrows though look miles better with the brow serum grin

MooMinCow Fri 22-Mar-13 23:49:26

Hmm might have to shell out for a Hypnose tube then. £22 though! Or maybe see if I can get a mini/sample one from EBay.

And yes she does have freakishly long lashes (but I think they are her own!)

JamEyelid Fri 22-Mar-13 22:19:12

Hypnose is amazing. I always layer it, never tried it with a different type of mascara though...

Iatemyskinnyperson Fri 22-Mar-13 19:59:02

She has the freakiest long lashes I've ever seen! They have to be lash extensions or Latisse surely?

My lashes are sh*te. I've found that thickening ones make them look crap, stuck together & stubby. I prefer the defining/lengthening kind.

tammytwigg Fri 22-Mar-13 19:37:12

Never noticed old lady smell,just love it .

MooMinCow Fri 22-Mar-13 17:52:10

How long have you been using the Revitalash 70? It took at least 3 weeks for me to see an improvement.

I like the Mally volumising mascara, but am looking for some cheaper alternatives.

Tammy - I've never tried the Hypnose ones. I had a sample of the doll eyes one and it had a horrid rose scent. Every time I blinked I kept getting wafts of old lady rose scent! Do they all smell like that?

tammytwigg Fri 22-Mar-13 17:31:28

You need Lancôme hypnose, it's amazing, you can keep layering it on and every coat glides on . I've been asked if I have false ones on whilst wearing it highly recommend .

Interesting video -she brushes the mascara on the top of the eyelashes then upwards (I'd have thought that would take out the curl from the eyelash curlers)

I have the most scabby eyelashes ever .I'm using Revitalash but it's not showing any results though I'm perservering. My eyebrows are going great guns with the Revitalash Brow .

It came with a primer which is blue - I can't say it makes a huge difference but every little helps.
I have Benefit "They're Real" and it is definately a one-coat-only for me, it sticks my lashes together sad

My favourite is "Mally Beauty" mascara with a dash of blue on the ends for extra colour (80s throwback type)

MooMinCow Fri 22-Mar-13 08:20:07

Does everyone just bung on two coats of the same mascara or have you tried using two different mascaras like this? (Warning:the video is annoying, but she has v. impressive looking lashes!)

And those of you who do alternate layers, do you apply a lengthening formula first, then a volumising one after, or vice versa? 3 for 2 on in Boots so might get experimenting over the weekend if you have any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now