Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer - I'm finding them pretty good but a bit thick and cakey and hard to apply.

(18 Posts)
TomArchersSausage Thu 21-Mar-13 18:36:58

When lovely chap at the counter put it on the pots he had seemed more creamy. The product in mine seems quite stiff and cakey and I find them a bit difficult to apply and they drag my skin.

What am I doing wrong?confused Cant easily get back to the shop to ask.

TomArchersSausage Thu 21-Mar-13 19:31:44

Anyone?

FrugalFashionista Thu 21-Mar-13 20:54:05

Use very very little, apply with fingers to warm it up and fix it with loose powder. That said, not my favorite undereye product.

TomArchersSausage Fri 22-Mar-13 09:45:38

Hmm thanks Frugal good point re warming it up (my hands are always sooo cold though grin)

Out of interest what do you like to use? I'm always on the hunt for the holy grail of under eye concealer.

ClaudiaCutie Fri 22-Mar-13 10:32:31

I found the same thing with the Bobbi Brown one, and stopped using it after two or three attempts. I bought the lightest colour and it's still a bit orangy on me. Annoyed with myself for getting it :-(

After spending £30 on the Armani one (which settles into fine lines), I search Makeup alley and found the Collection 2000 one, which is £3 in Boots. It's really really good. Apply with a small brush. Very pleased I found it.

If you want something more heavy duty, the MAC concealer in a Pot is better than the Bobbi Brown one, but it's got the same heavy texture.

FattyMcChubster Fri 22-Mar-13 10:34:46

Benefit erase paste is amazing. Only need a tiny bit, very creamy and hides everything.

TomArchersSausage Fri 22-Mar-13 11:40:51

Thanks so much!smile I'll keep a look out for those.

Hetaera Fri 22-Mar-13 12:29:20

Take a tip from Lisa Eldridge and put a splodge (technical term) on the back of your hand before applying it.
I like to use a brush to apply mine as it has already been warmed up by my hand. Then I apply foundation etc and set the undereye area with the powder it comes with.

TomArchersSausage Fri 22-Mar-13 13:02:45

I think warming it up might be a key factor in this. Also where mine's new it's still all packed down flat in the pot. I'm going to dig about in it and loosen it up a bit.

neriberi Fri 22-Mar-13 13:27:12

I use Bobbi Brown concealer and the highlighter. For the concealer I find using a brush to initially apply it helps followed by patting it in with my finger, I also try to build the coverage rather than slapping it all on in one go, then as frugal said I fix it with loose powder, again I apply this with a brush but only after I've dabbed on the highlighter stuff.

I've also learned to apply and leave for a bit so that my skin warms up the products and to step away from the concealer once I'm happy I look alive.

NinaNannar Fri 22-Mar-13 13:38:30

ik never liked apart from teh one that looks like touche eclat

PLUS they try to flog two always - i thought that just highlighted your crepe

BagWoman Fri 22-Mar-13 13:38:45

I use BB concealer and love it- only use under my eyes for dark shadows. I find it almost too creamy- it moves around a bit IYSWIM.

I don't use powder over it because I find this makes it look darker and under the eyes makes my skin look dry.

It's worth remembering that in a store the products can be quite warm due to the heat of the shop- or being displayed under strong electric lighting.

NinaNannar Fri 22-Mar-13 14:29:29

agree powder doesnt help

we need a BB webchat

TomArchersSausage Fri 22-Mar-13 14:35:25

Highlighted crepegrin Oh god...I'm worried I'm highlighting the crepe! Argh! Maybe a dab of Tippex under each eye?

I'm going to put my Bobbi Brown stuff in the airing cupboard to warm it up.

FrugalFashionista Fri 22-Mar-13 16:51:52

The BB creases like crazy and melts in warm weather. An overpriced, overhyped product.
I have very dark undereyes and get the best crease-free coverage from Bourjois Flower Perfection liquid foundation or La Roche Posay foundation (in a tube, perfect for precision). Both are more pigmented than an average concealer. The best concealer I've tried is the Diorskin concealer. Colorstay and Physician's Formula have good coverage but can crease and make fine lines more noticeable.

Fanjounchained Fri 22-Mar-13 17:49:43

I used to use BB concealer when I was working and had money. In the hunt for a budget version after being made redundant, I stumbled upon Max Factors Panstik foundations. I picked "fair" because it seemed the most pinky/salmon coloured one which apparently is the best for cancelling out dark circles ...does an ok job. It's creamier than BB so no problems with blending it in and lasts a lot longer too

www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Panstik_867119/

LittlePandaBear Fri 22-Mar-13 18:14:03

I love my BB corrector and use a brush to apply it, but the BB concealer you're meant to put on top of it was a bit useless to me.

I put erase paste on top of my corrector bad dark circles!

LordEmsworth Fri 22-Mar-13 19:52:40

I love the corrector and concealer - some days I need both, others just concealer. I use a brush to put it on then blend with fingers.

Bobbi Brown has a "live chat with a make up artist" function, which I have used in the past - they might have some tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now