Right, Need HONEST opinions on whether to go from long to short hair. Pics on profile

(117 Posts)
MoodyDidIt Thu 21-Mar-13 08:39:06

for a VERY limited time only as do not want to out self in rl

i have shoulder length curly hair at the moment but tbh its in quite shit condition despite my best efforts sad and am sick of it

i have been growing it for over 2 years from a short crop with long layers at the front, which was dead easy to maintain and took seconds to style

i am seriously thinking of going back to that style and need your opinions on what looks best. please look at my pics and tell me, HONESTLY, what you think, i will not be offended, promise

cocolepew Sun 24-Mar-13 10:41:22

I agree with you I think the long side is too long (sorry!!!). I wouldn't have it in a parting and get that side more 'choppy'.

You are very pretty envy

MoodyDidIt Sun 24-Mar-13 10:26:54

awww thank you

hmmm i am not 100% happy with it though as the hairdresser got a bit scissor happy one side (the shorter side) and the other side is a little bit TOO long....i think she made the cut more complicated than it should have been iyswim

so when i have it trimmed in a few weeks i might go somewhere else and make bloody sure they do it right!

AgathaF Sun 24-Mar-13 09:21:54

Love it, it really suits you.

CandyCrushed Sat 23-Mar-13 23:41:58

That is really lovely. I love love love it.... smile

<jealous emoticon>

Thumbwitch Sat 23-Mar-13 22:50:30

Looks great! Are you pleased with it?

BellaVita Sat 23-Mar-13 19:27:44

It looks fantastic!

Dancealot Sat 23-Mar-13 16:38:33

Love it! It looks really chic and shiny.

AlanMoore Sat 23-Mar-13 15:39:36

Like! I think you could go shorter tbh smile

SayMama Sat 23-Mar-13 15:32:18

Beautiful! Well done for being brave

hattymattie Sat 23-Mar-13 15:31:06

Missed the before photo's but your hair looks great.

MoodyDidIt Sat 23-Mar-13 15:24:47

have done it!

have put some pics on

NellysKnickers Sat 23-Mar-13 12:01:58

Oh yes, deffo the crop, its gorgeous. I wish I could have my hair like that but I've got a big head so can't!! Please post a pic when its done.

BellaVita Sat 23-Mar-13 12:01:38

Short!

You stunner!

MoodyDidIt Sat 23-Mar-13 11:52:01

hello all i have a hair appointment at 1, i think i am probably going to go for the crop again

have printed off loads of pics to take to show her, i am well excited, i can't wait now

thanks again for all the lovely helpful comments x

enormouse Sat 23-Mar-13 11:43:56

Moody what did you decide to do?

dontoutmyselfthistime Fri 22-Mar-13 09:28:21

The crop is stunning and it suits you.

PLEASE go back to that style.

Acutally I have an inverted bob at the moment and your style is exactly what I would like!

pleasestoptalking Fri 22-Mar-13 09:25:26

yep, a vote for the short style from me. I thought it looked quite striking and in very good condition. The longer style is a bit nothing-y if you see what I mean!

I am currently sporting very nothing-y hair myself and trying to grow it a bit longer but I know I will end up getting fed up and cutting it all off again.

AgathaF Fri 22-Mar-13 08:55:19

The short is stunning although maybe a bit severe. More ruffled/pixie would be better, I think.

Also like the long though, maybe a bit darker would be good?

What about a jaw length, graduated bob? You have the lovely bone structure to carry it off. A bit like this

ItsintheBag Fri 22-Mar-13 07:36:48

The very short is stunning.I like the chin length red(hair) color picture aswell.
Your lucky, you have a great face that can take long or short.

Moknicker Fri 22-Mar-13 01:51:23

Going against the grain and saying long - less severe and I like the colour on you.

But you do look lovely either way - what a great choice to have.

Dottiespots Fri 22-Mar-13 01:27:20

The short style is so cute and gamine and I would go back to that as it gives you a unique look.

Thumbwitch Fri 22-Mar-13 01:11:08

Oh I LOVE the Anne Hathaway style! (love her anyway, one of my "girl crushes") Do that one! smile

hippoCritt Thu 21-Mar-13 23:58:25

Short hair, makes you look younger and more defined I think, you look like I'd like to look with short hai-I looked like I had a squashed hedgehog on my head

ShrewveTuesday Thu 21-Mar-13 23:52:34

Short. Your wedding pics look amazing. You look fine with longer hair too, but it's more of a non-style (like most of us have...) Great that you've found a defined look that works for you.

You really really remind me of someone - actress or something - but I can't think who...

Another vote for short, but I agree with those who have suggested a messy, more pixie type short like Michelle Williams or Anne Hathaway, or Jean Seberg if you're feeling brave (I think her hair is the best pixie ever, but it is very short)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now