Benefit make-up tutorial - which of their products is worth it??

(38 Posts)
RevoltingPeasant Wed 20-Mar-13 18:12:21

Indulged in a bit of retail therapy today and wandered into Debenham's to look around the make-up. I always buy the same sorts of shades but am not very confident/ adventurous choosing make-up. I bought the Watt's Up illuminator but then the lady said they do complimentary make-up tutorials and signed me up for one next week.

So, which of their products are actually worth the price? - because I know I'll be under pressure to buy something, even if just one item!

Would any Benefit fans like to advise? smile

miche8 Thu 21-Mar-13 16:46:48

Oh and when they do your makeup, they write down what they use and I say I'll carry on with my shopping and think about what I want to buy, don't be pressured.

SherbetVodka Thu 21-Mar-13 17:04:48

Sun Beam bronzer/highlighter is gorgeous. I got a mini sized one free with a magazine last autumn and I'm going to have to splurge on the full size bottle when I run out. It's a really pretty light goldy colour, has a sheen but not actually shimmery as such. I put it on my cheeks instead of powder bronzer and it gives a lovely natural looking glow, it's also nice on eyelids. It's meant to be a bronzer for pale skin and a highlighter for darker skin I think.

Queenofknickers Thu 21-Mar-13 17:08:32

The mascara "they're real"" is best EVER for me and I swear by Benetint and Dallas.

MrsMeow Thu 21-Mar-13 17:19:19

I love their Hello Flawless powder, gives amazing coverage and is just as good as MAC, although doesn't last as long, that's the only downside.

The smokin' eyes pallette is good too.

I don't rate the Bad Gal mascara, I gave mine to DD as it was gloopy.

dontyouwantmebaby Thu 21-Mar-13 17:19:45

Ginger thanks for the tip re the pore stuff. Might see if I can pick up another sample or two next time just in case.

Wishing I hadn't read this thread as now I want to try more of their products esp mascara smile

Hope you find something you like OP but don't feel pressured to buy!

MrsMeow Thu 21-Mar-13 17:22:46

Oh yes the Oxygen whatsit foundation is good as well and they have loads of samples of if if you want to try it at home.

RevoltingPeasant Thu 21-Mar-13 22:10:01

Oooooh thanks everyone smile

Yes, might go for They're Real mascara and a blusher. I have a BodyShop bronzer and actually really like No 7 tinted moisturiser, so won't bother with those.

The Benetint looked quite dark to me - I am a fake dark redhead with dark brows and lashes but quite pale skin, and it looked like a kind of berry shade which I don't think I could carry off. We'll see though!

Some v good ideas here.

TheBookofRuth Fri 22-Mar-13 15:11:44

I have very fair skin and Benetint just gives me a lovely natural flush. You don't need much so can start sparingly and build the colour up. It doesn't come out the same shade on your skin as it does in the bottle.

Icedcakeandflower Fri 22-Mar-13 15:18:19

Love Porefessional, tried a magazine freebie and now on my third full tube grin

It really does fill in my open pores and fine lines.

Pootles2010 Fri 22-Mar-13 15:28:53

Hmm you've got me thinking now - I got benetint free with magazine voucher, and turned down the free makeover, but thinking might go back now.

Was it ok op? I dread being turned into a clown in the middle of busy store.

I'm super-pale but Benetint just gives me a lovely fresh-faced sort of look.

And I've had two makeovers with Benefit in the past and both times they made me look basically like myself, but better - I rated them far more highly than the Clarins one I had.

snuffaluffagus Fri 22-Mar-13 15:41:14

I love porefessional and erase paste (concealer) which lasts forever as you only need a tiny bit but the thing I can't live without is the Magic Ink liquid eyeliner. It's the only one that doesn't transfer onto my lids and stays on allllll day. It's brilliant. I also like their mascara.

I'm a mac girl for foundation and eyeshadows but I bought benefit Hello Flawless Oxegen Wow foundation last time as Mac didn't have my shade in. It's a perfect colour match and is a light coverage and feels nice on my skin but I do need a couple of layers of it.. don't think the tube will last as long as mac does.

KatoPotato Fri 22-Mar-13 15:44:30

I love the 'big beautiful eyes' palette. I wear it every day for work and it come with a fab 'how to guide' and an online tutorial to create a lovely look.

Porefessional is brilliant for my holey nose! Hoola matt bronzer is superb, and coralista or hervana blushers.

Oh, the new 'Fine one one' blusher and highlighter is brilliant too.

Thankfully my Sis live in San Francisco and posts me all this stuff for free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now