MN Vogue Vol 7

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 12:07:57

All welcome to talk style and beauty

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Thu 04-Apr-13 19:08:43

novice I'm imagining a louche, jewel-encrusted Bette Davis reclining against silk pillows barking into the telephone (not quite fag ash Lil).
One request though - please stop linking to beautiful shoes! I never considered myself a 'shoe-person' but when I secreted put my new Gigis away in the wardrobe today I was a bit shock at how many pairs of shoes/boots I seem to have acquired since joining you voguettes. It's all your faults. I am weak.

shopafrolic Thu 04-Apr-13 20:05:07

Foxy I didn't go to the other Shepton designer stores bit (although that looked good too,I just couldn't handle the temptation). Mulberry had lots of the AW12 stock in. The Mulberry feather print. A gorgeous dress in that print, silk, with pleated short skirt. The blouse was fabulous (you're an Autumn too aren't you?) lots of Bayswaters...... But bear in mind 20% off £895 is still ridiculous! When I bought my printed oak Bayswater originally I only paid £595!! The burglar's wife had better be loving my bag! The lovely cross body bags, luggage, lots of purses..... Definitely worth a look and a beautiful building too.....

shopafrolic Thu 04-Apr-13 20:09:56

Who was after pale yellow ?

shopafrolic Thu 04-Apr-13 20:23:32

Love these

Uniqlo tees arrived and are excellent, definite keepers. Looking forward to wearing with slouchy jeans.

noviceoftheday Thu 04-Apr-13 20:57:13

Shop I love that Nicole fahri knit. Don't think it would suit me(short waisted) sadly but its gorgeous!

Grumpy, every time you mention being outdoor with the horses I shivergrin sorry for the nice shoe link! My new obsession is finding bejewelled sandals so I might have a one track mind for a while! Sorry! Before my bag and jewelry obsession, it was shoes. The bottom of my wardrobes have pull out shelves on runners with shoe racks. Highly recommend it!grin

Dh came home looked at the ring and said, well you can't miss it can you?! Sarky bugger. Then he said it was nice. There is one problem, it is massive. I love it because I love big cocktail rings but this actually looks real so now i am slightly worried about being fodder for the muggershmm

Love Uniqlo tees, wish their sizing was a bit more consistent though - what ones did you get?

MarshaBrady Thu 04-Apr-13 20:59:42

Me, me on the pale yellow. That's lovely thanks Shop! I just need to make sure I wear the two new yellow things I have first. And I think I would like slouchy and very pale yellow.

Foxy lol re skirt. Also agree with you on buying stuff just out of comfort zone. Definitely a good plan, I love the leopard.

Grumpy tis hard to resist things sometimes!

hmm Novice not sure, unless you pull a jumper sleeve over it. Might not be good for the jumper!

shopafrolic Thu 04-Apr-13 21:01:31

Gloves!

MarshaBrady Thu 04-Apr-13 21:02:20

Oh yes gloves grin

foxysocks Thu 04-Apr-13 21:02:28

have just ordered this www.cosstores.com/Shop/Women/Sale/Accessories/Angora_snood/7060877-3800333.1#c-4168075

and this pinterest.com/pin/250231323018346411/

snood to wear with fur coat and blush purse to replace old knackered dkny.

noviceoftheday Thu 04-Apr-13 21:13:07

Nice Foxy! Bet you never thought you would be buying a snood in April! shock

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Apr-13 22:06:07

Wow, lots of lovely shopping going on. novice glad you like your new jewellery.

shop I'm glad I've never been to shepton mallet as not sure what I was expecting but certainly more than 20%. I really loved the grey alexa from last AW but with only that much discount I still can't afford it.

Hello everyone!
I've been to a mall and done so well. Probably a bit boring but I had a wish list and have got everything cheaper than in England, and stuck to list ( a first!)....2 hrs on my own, lovely!

Loads of my fav MAC makeup
OPI nail varnish $9 each
Banana Republic classic straight trousers for work for about$40 and a little turquoise top too.
2 pairs shorts from Gap ( boring but useful)

But no coloured trainers .....yet. My dd wanted the ones I liked...drat.
Went into Abercrombie for teenaged DS...to dark and crowded and annoying.....no topless male sales people sad
J Crew was disappointing .
Macy's was messy and overwhelming.

I would like a black jersey maxi skirt ( petite) when I get home...has anyone seen any? And an orange t shirt ( you've all got me into orange)

noviceoftheday Fri 05-Apr-13 06:51:51

Hi drywhite! Have you looked at Ann Taylor? Comparable with banana republic and their petite range is phenomenal. Glad you're having a good timesmile Macy's always a nightmare, I barely went there when I lived there so not sure I could stomach it on holiday eithergrin

Hopefully Fri 05-Apr-13 07:11:43

Good haul drywhite!

I got both my previous Mulberrys (now ebayed) at Shepton Mallet about 8-10 years ago, and my Bayswater was £300 shock

Foxy that snood is lovely. I have just been contemplating replacing thermal tights and (a) finding it depressing and (b) being unable to find any.

We are off to London for the weekend - Science Museum and family lunch rather than shopping, but wondering if I might get five minutes to wander off and browse...

noviceoftheday Fri 05-Apr-13 08:35:57

Morning Voguettes! Shop of course gloves! I am a muppet.grin

I have a question.... Would you use this purse for every day? Or only as a travel/holiday purse?

shopafrolic Fri 05-Apr-13 08:40:54

Shepton Mulberry was 20 - 30% the outlet part with brands like White Co, Jack Wills etc said up to 70 but I didn't go on. Just packing, back tonight. sad

I wouldn't use for either novice, but I don't like the overly branded stuff. The only Gucci I have is this bag which I bought for £9 from Oxfam, and I haven't used it for about 6 years.

I think you could do better for the price - Balenciaga, Bottega etc.

MarshaBrady Fri 05-Apr-13 10:14:17

I&I silk top extra 30% off on the outnet if anyone fancies it.

Ok thanks novice will have a look at A Taylor.......

noviceoftheday Fri 05-Apr-13 13:41:34

Hi Amber, I own it already! I have received it as a gift. Having said that my usual purse is this Gucci one which dh gave me a couple of years ago.

foxysocks Fri 05-Apr-13 14:39:11

marsha did you see this? www.theoutnet.com/product/351484

celine is here! and BEAUTIFUL but tiny, i have eaten too much this week and it only just fits. need to get back on the F&V wagon pronto.

MrsRadicchio Fri 05-Apr-13 15:21:35

Been lurking due to dc illness. In bed now with them both dozing next to me. Oh when will the weather warm up?!

Liberty, I love that pp look and think good choice on the trainers. I'm keen to get a veja pair I will link to when not on phone but it means breaking my shoe ban.

The hnm swaet was online, its gone now though, as I had a look to link. Yes their internet service isn't the best.

Interested to hear how the mns flats are, they look great.

Amber lucky you getting the JV flats, can't wait to see them on your blog.

All the hols sound fab!

Dry I've seen black maxi skirts online at hush and baukjen but guess you mean in USA?

Have been thinking of my wish list, think its really only white / cream chinos, charcoal grey wool peg trousers, charcoal grey beanie and eventually the holy grail of warm and stylish coat.

I've bought a few things - not on the list - but think I will be sending back most. Will link when on pc.

Foxy I love that coat, saw it on a blog ages ago. I think they go

MrsRadicchio Fri 05-Apr-13 15:22:45

With lots of things! Glad Celine has arrived safe and well. What is f and v??

This thread is not accepting new messages.