MN Vogue Vol 7

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 12:07:57

All welcome to talk style and beauty

wink

Annianni Mon 25-Mar-13 19:32:36

Oh dear Amber grin
Those shoes are lovely by the way.

My dh has been off for a week, he's working three days this week though thank god

noviceoftheday Mon 25-Mar-13 20:21:32

Oh dear Amber!shock

I wore pjs first half of the day and a Gerald Darel top and Superdry trackie bottoms the second half. Epitome of chic!wink

shopafrolic Mon 25-Mar-13 20:24:23

SGS?????

foxysocks Mon 25-Mar-13 20:26:55

school gate style

I thought that too, how funny! good one drywhite

foxysocks Mon 25-Mar-13 20:28:23

raaar the denim jacket I tried on in zara and loved earlier in the month is OOS on the website. I have just enough march money left to buy it as well, will have to trek into town and see if they have it there.

blush

Ahh, I have just caught up with vol. 6&7!! Been laptopless for weeks and no access to anywhere... Nice to be back smile

I am on the lookout for some Goldsign at lots of recommendation from you all - is there anywhere I can try on in Bristol or Bath? Am going to Florida in June, so I can maybe buy out there a bit cheaper?

Eeeee so looking forward to SS (if it ever arrives!)

MrsRadicchio Mon 25-Mar-13 21:17:35

Just checking in to say hello. No style news to report.

I always feel like I am sneaking parcels into the house, away from dh's beady eye.

Foxy, sounds like a good eBay buy. Hope it is as good as you dreamed it would be!

Off to check out school gate style now.

Shop, good luck for your dh tomorrow.

blondie Mimi Noor in Bath carry them.

Amber Inspector Clouseau your comment about Style Guile was really nice.

Well I'm prepared to admit when I'm wrong! I like your shoes btw!

shopafrolic Tue 26-Mar-13 07:08:17

Do any of you lovely ladies live in Bath? We're off near there on holiday after Easter. Any recoomendations on PM as to where's good to go with a 2yo DS very welcome. Thanks!

Annianni Tue 26-Mar-13 07:19:07

Those R&B shoes are lovely Drywhite.

And that Celine skirt is beautiful Foxy, hope it's ok when it arrives.

Dh is back at work today, so we'll have a nice quiet day at home.

shopafrolic Tue 26-Mar-13 07:51:15

I'm completely confused Amber and Drywhite - feel as though I'm missing out on an invite to a private party! Have you been outed as someone famous!?

Good morning everyone, some lovely purchases, well done on the Celine skirt foxy! I am a silver shoe fan too, also wedded to havaianas in summer, not convinced my feet will look so great in the lovely sandals being linked but am getting tempted!

I had yet another sofa day yesterday as DD came down with a vomiting bug...will the illnesses never end sad? The only consolation is the weather being so vile, at least we want to be indoors rather than feeling like we are missing spring sunshine!

Anyway, it was of course dangerous having so much time on my hands and I ended up shopping very optimistically for holidays....got these

vest top

lace top

white jumper

ysl bikini

I hesitated over the last as I am still traumatised by getting an almost new (full price) DVF bikini tangled on the velcro of ds2's coat in the laundry last year, it is now a bit fuzzy sad. Which brings me to my question for you all...what is your worst loss of an item of clothing, whether laundry disaster, spillage or actual loss? Along with the bikini I managed to shrink a gorgeous and much beloved baby alpaca sweater just before Christmas, I could have cried.

DonaIda order arriving today too, yay (and hopefully no DH in vicinity) wink

I had a fabulous peacock blue trench coat from Debenhams, perfect length, fit and colour for me. My sister borrowed it for a night out and it got stolen. I was really upset sad

MrsRadicchio Tue 26-Mar-13 08:33:36

Drywhite, if that is you, we have something in common. (mysterious)

I had a whistles jumper which was dark pink with a dog on the front...moths got to it.

Still haven't answered the best bargain question. Have been wracking my brain but can't think of anything. Have lots of things bought at reduced price but often they're things I think were over priced full price, eg whistles.

I think I need to buy less but better.

I think amber wins the crown for best bargain hunter, £1.99 goldsigns??! Speaking of which, has the door leather skirt arrived?

MrsRadicchio Tue 26-Mar-13 08:34:39

Dior!!!

MrsRadicchio Tue 26-Mar-13 08:36:48

Shop, I love bath. Haven't been for ages though. Spa and Jane Austen museum good but not child friendly, sorry not v helpful.

My best bargain was a DKNY dress that I bought for £10 in the House of Fraser outlet

Amber definitely wins best bargains grin.

Mine has to be my suede J Brands, £237 from £800.

The Dior leather skirt did arrive and was a bit too small sadly, so I rehomed it to a lovely, slimmer friend.

I lost my Rosie Sugden cashmere bobble hat on the tube a couple of weeks ago. It was £95 <sob>

McNally Tue 26-Mar-13 10:12:02

My worst loss was a gorgeous silk Mango top from when I was at college and didn't have huge amounts to spend on clothes. I'd bought it in Barcelona as the city where I was at college had few good shops. Someone asked to borrow it and I was too wussy to say no. She returned it, having put it through the washing machine, seemingly oblivious to the fact it was totally ruined hmm.

Have been reading the thread(s) but not posting. Various circumstances (going part time, paying a nanny, uncertainty re DH's job, blah, blah, blah) made me reign in my spending a bit.

Only recent purchase (to keep me going until we convince Madewell to ship those pointy leopard flats here) are these bargainous Office pointy flats. Wore them out once, the day it started to snow here, oops, but quite happy with them as a stop gap.

Absolutely love Bath shop, so very jealous of your break there. Went many times but per-DD so not much help on the child-friendly options. Also, hope things go well today for you and your DH.

This thread is not accepting new messages.