Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

eBay handbags

(14 Posts)
FullLegBikiniandUnderArm Tue 19-Mar-13 14:59:50

My sister has offered to buy me a new handbag for my BIG birthday coming up next month. I wouldn't want her to spend too much and hopefully my mum and brother could chip in too. So budget would be £150 max - preferably less.
I want a big bag that can carry everything - nappies and laptop if necessary! In either tan, nude, brown or red - preferably leather.
So, I was having a look online and saw these "designer inspired" bags on eBay. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Designer-Inspired-Classic-BAYSWATER-Style-Tote-Shoulder-Laptop-Bag-Postmans-Lock-/221195087700
Obviously they are up front that they aren't the real thing, but I just wondered what you all thought of them and if anyone who has the real thing thinks they look anything like the original?

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 19-Mar-13 15:22:00

I'd rather have a real leather bag than a pleather look alike personally. I'm a big fan of Oushka bags. Zara are great too.

FullLegBikiniandUnderArm Tue 19-Mar-13 15:40:38

Those Oushka bags are nice and I like the colours and sizes - thanks for the link. Do you think those eBay ones are pleather and not real leather then? Or am I being dumb naive?? grin

QueefLatina Tue 19-Mar-13 15:57:10

It says faux leather in the description.

Maybe you could try Tuscany Leather

madammecholet Tue 19-Mar-13 17:05:50

That bag looks very cheap imo, you'd be better to spend your money on something in real leather, I buy from Peony & Moore which have gorgeous bags and also Red Direct in the past, but they had a disaster on their Jan sale fulfilling orders... also look at Russell & Bromley alot of Mulberry look a likes this season if thats what you're after....

faustina Tue 19-Mar-13 19:03:07

that ebay bag looks nasty and shiny and you can see it's all puckered from the photo. I think you would be disappointed. I know I would.

faustina Tue 19-Mar-13 19:04:39

I can't imagine it's leather for £20 quid- surely? Have a look on TKMaxx online - they have some really nice bags - massive choice!

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 19-Mar-13 19:27:41

It says in the description it is faux leather so definitely not real. I second TK Maxx. ASOS and Oasis both have great leather bags too from time to time.

FullLegBikiniandUnderArm Wed 20-Mar-13 08:18:58

Duh! shockCan't believe I didn't read that bit about the faux leather - what a dick, sorry. Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. I will do some 'research' today.

joliejolie Wed 20-Mar-13 10:15:19

Be careful. I recently bought a fake Zara bag on eBay. Don't ever bid on Zara if the only photos they have are stock photos. Who knew anyone would bother copying Zara, but the bag I received is shocking and if they had shown a pic of what I was really buying, I wouldn't have done it!

tiena Sun 21-Apr-13 23:28:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HoneyStAngelo Mon 22-Apr-13 07:11:36
Annianni Mon 22-Apr-13 07:14:58

That Marc Jacobs looks like a fake.
Is it your listing Tiena?

Allthingspretty Mon 22-Apr-13 07:56:04

I second tk maxx online and instore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now