Vain club/princessing/gro oming.... Anybody wanna???

(104 Posts)
gracelesslady Mon 18-Mar-13 21:47:12

I need to take better care of myself. I'm a bit inspired by the aforementioned threads and wondered if there's anyone else who needs a list and some discipline?!

louwn Mon 25-Mar-13 22:29:17

I am trying to do similar for my wedding in August. Lots of fruit, veg, fish, water, replacing caffeine with green tea (not completely as Im a complete caffeine addict!). Attempting to go for my first run in 4 months tomorrow morning if I manage to drag myself out of bed!

RevoltingPeasant Mon 25-Mar-13 22:42:13

Oh God, I so need to do this. I am having my first days off work since Dec 30th (!!) and so far since Sat I have slept through our usual Sunday am swim, only showered once, worn the same sweatshirt every day, and eaten a packet of Jaffa cakes not to mention everything else.

I have drunk a lot of water - does that make up for it?

Ick ick ick.

So getting my hair done later this week and need to start doing Actual Exercise as of tomorrow. You have all inspired me!

NomDeOrdinateur Mon 25-Mar-13 22:48:40

I'm in! My list:

1) Use Bravura London 30% Glycolic Acid Night Cream every evening (already started this, skin looks the best it ever has);
2) Drink at least 2 tall glasses of water per day instead of just herbal tea;
3) Keep on top of hair growth (eyebrows and fringe);
4) Keep nails clipped short;
5) Buy a more flattering blush and actually use it --instead of my No7 Consumptive Coral shade--;
6) Do some exercise 3 times per week;
7) STOP FECKING TOUCHING MY FACE (my worst habit).

Today I picked out and wore clean clothes instead of slobbing in my dressing gown. Washed and moisturised face and used eye cream, took my vitamins, actually remembered to take all my many medications at the right time, trimmed and filed my nails and sorted out my terrible toe nail polish. I feel super proud grin

KateSpade Mon 25-Mar-13 23:04:19

Actually washed my hair today, used a clarifying shampoo and a bed head condition, then applied kerastase.

Used the glycolactic acid face mask by REN, without meaning to be rude, it makes my face feel like my babies ass. grin

debating wether to buy The O from cloud 9,

The O

But my god, the expense! shock

That is a lot of ££££. I never use styling tools on my hair. My hair is really fine and already poker straight so straighteners are wasted on me. My hair NEVER holds a curl either so I just leave it be. I don't even use a hair dryer blush does that make me a bad princess?

KateSpade Tue 26-Mar-13 08:45:45

No! I hardly ever blow dry my hair, I leave it to dry over night. I've blow dryed my hair about 4 times in the last 6 months. Much sleeker looking!

HelgatheHairy Tue 26-Mar-13 09:50:03

kate I've been seriously tempted by the O in the past but just couldn't justify it. Have shortish hair now so it would just be sitting in a press.

HelgatheHairy Tue 26-Mar-13 11:00:25

So showered and hair blow dried so far today. Now sitting on bed as puppy is sleeping and if I get up he'll wake up and I'm enjoying the rest!

KateSpade Tue 26-Mar-13 11:40:21

It's the price that's putting me off.

I'm hoping my hairdresser will give me a demo.

RevoltingPeasant Tue 26-Mar-13 17:03:11

I just went and dropped about £40 on eyeliner so my hand is wearing a lot of make up hmm

Also make appt to get eyebrows and waxed, and hair sheared cut for tomorrow.

Resolution: I will NOT look like the wild man of the woods by lunchtime tomorrow! Who's with me???

gracelessCreamEgglady Tue 26-Mar-13 17:44:45

I've had my hair cut!!! I am all swooshy!! Love the hairdresser. Want to steal her and make her live in my house so I look like this all the time grin

KateSpade Tue 26-Mar-13 18:56:39

I think exactly the same about my hairdresser!

RevoltingPeasant Tue 26-Mar-13 19:18:35

Oooh the swooshy feeling envy

I am going for an appointment with a mortgage person after so hopefully I will look all grown up. Also like I've had my eyebrows ripped off, but grown up.

minimumthebare Tue 26-Mar-13 19:44:53

I'm in! I've had a gel manicure done today, and have a facial, brow wax and lash tint booked for Saturday.

I need to: take my vitamins
Drink water
Walk more
Remember to use heel cream
Stop squeezing my spots blush

gracelessCreamEgglady Wed 27-Mar-13 20:14:23

Vain clubbers: your ta dah!s of the day

gracelessCreamEgglady Wed 27-Mar-13 20:16:19

Vain clubbers: your ta dah!s of the day please. I've only done walking today. And make up. And my hair still looks lush. But I need a kick up the arse inspiration.

thanks

On Monday I had my appointment at the beauty therapist .
Legs , underarms , bikini line and moustache top lip all nice and smooth now .
Eyelashes tinted .

Tuesday and Wednesday , hair washed , moussed and blown dry .
Legs , décolletage and elbows moisturised .
Heels and hands moisturised , special attention paid to cuticles
Lots of water drunk , no wine . But I did have a Dairy Milk . Oops .
Forgot the Vits ( again )
Loads of walking and stairs ( work in a cafe , all part of the job )

HelgatheHairy Wed 27-Mar-13 22:39:30

Didn't do much today besides eat carrot cake!! Did a 3 mile walk on the beach (and a 1 minute jog up sand dunes when puppy wouldn't come back!) but that was pretty much it. A bad day.

RevoltingPeasant Wed 27-Mar-13 22:42:03

I had my hair cut and eyebrows waxed and wore my new smashbox make up all day and felt glam smile

Then ate 4 Cream Eggs and felt fat sad Ah well....

paintyourbox Thu 28-Mar-13 12:06:09

Hello lovelies!

I have taken the plunge and the 30 day shred arrived this morning (eeek!)

I have started applying foot cream and body lotion every night before bed and have upped my water intake!

Baby steps!

gracelessCreamEgglady Thu 28-Mar-13 20:41:10

Paint, you're totally right. My baby step today was only having one cream egg blush

gracelessCreamEgglady Fri 29-Mar-13 19:35:15

So the last few days have been a total right off vain club wise, and today's been pretty pants too, but am about to rectify this with a pamper evening of epic proportions.

Hair mask
Face mask
Exfoliate
Soak in the bath
Scrub feet with pumice, paint toenails and smother in lotion
Smother rest of self in lotion
Dye eyelashes
Paint finger nails if I'm still awake.

I will be marvellous grin

gracelessCreamEgglady Fri 29-Mar-13 19:37:02

Oooh! I might shave my legs too. And take some vitamins before I get in the bath. Half of the problem with this is that I'm so bloody forgetful...

I've today managed to cut, file and paint both finger and toe nails, exfoliate face and apply serum and cream, deep condition hair and take my vitamins. Slightly let down by the fact that I had a coconut Kit Kat Chunky for breakfast though hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now