I've got an Avon lady, what should I buy?!

(35 Posts)
ArfurFoulkesayke Mon 18-Mar-13 19:23:11

Just got an Avon catalogue through the door, can anyone tell me what's good and what to avoid please?
Thanks

Skin so soft....mosquitoes really hate it honest, priceless last yr in Canada!!!!

barleysugar Mon 18-Mar-13 20:13:25

Super shock gel eyeliner pencil.
True colour blush -amazing colour ( I like the peach coloured one)
Giant bubble bath, the blackberry vanilla one is lovely.
Quick touch leave in conditioner - it's the only conditioner that I use on my dds' hair because you don't need to rinse it!

mrssmooth Mon 18-Mar-13 20:14:37

Supershock max waterproof mascara

barleysugar Mon 18-Mar-13 20:14:58

The lipsticks are hit and miss I find. But, the colourtrend ones are fantastic for the price and don't have an offensive taste! They are cheap as chips as well.

Be careful once you order once they don't leave you alone. I ordered once to be a polite neighbour and now I can't get rid of her.

TeamEdward Mon 18-Mar-13 20:19:13

Mosaic Effects topcoat is good. I like the crackle nail look because it hides the terrible ridges in my nails! I find it does need a clear topcoat on top though.

I agree with skin so soft - the dry oil spray stops me from being a biting insect's all-you-can-eat-buffet!

and I do like the nail varnish.

they don't hassle you, just leave catalogues very often.

there's a lipstick/brysh thing that's also wonderful

Glazewear is what it's called!

KB02 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:34:06

I used to be an Avon lady. I like the root boosting hair tonic for adding body to my fine hair. I would say everything is good value for money. Jewellery not as good as it looks in the pictures tho. You can order something and try it and send it back if you don't like it,no quibbles. I didn't mind people not ordering every time. I also didn't mind if people left me a note to say they didn't want me to call anymore.

scaevola Mon 18-Mar-13 20:36:44

The big bottles of bubble bath.

The shampoo.

The nail varnish.

The detangling spray.

ArfurFoulkesayke Mon 18-Mar-13 20:38:22

Thanks, that's brilliant, will go for the Skin So Soft I think and maybe a couple of other bits, cheap treats yeah! :D

ClaimedByMe Mon 18-Mar-13 20:39:37

The big bottles of the sensitive bubble bath, the only product that does not irratate my ds excema (sp) and the skin so soft, stops the midgie bites

PoppyWearer Mon 18-Mar-13 20:42:02

I've just come here to say envy

Reading the Avon catalogue used to be the highlight of my teenage-self's life. I am deeply envy that you have an Avon lady.

I want one!

Can't you get it online poppy?

tootssweet Mon 18-Mar-13 20:47:38

I too am envy as my Avon lady moved away. Is it true if you put your postcode in the website they will send a new one to you? <hopeful!>

chocolatespiders Mon 18-Mar-13 20:49:48

hand cream and face primer

Yoghurty Mon 18-Mar-13 20:52:20

I recently got an Avon lady/catalogue too!

I ordered the Argan hair oil (it smells delicious) the nail art tool (£1.50!) and a colour shock lipstick- all together, less than a tenner.

I love Avon!

birdofthenorth Mon 18-Mar-13 20:56:56

I've just hid from our very persistent Avon girl!! But when I am buying- the foundation is nice; the kids detangling spray doubles as the best -and cheapest- ever adult leave in conditioner; the jewellery is cheap as chips but can be quite nice- got a couple of long necklaces which I love.

PoppyWearer Mon 18-Mar-13 22:42:08

Online is not the same as the book through your door <mutters>.

bluebump Mon 18-Mar-13 22:44:04

I got the bargain nail art tool too! I'm waiting for it to arrive.

AllPurposeNortherner Mon 18-Mar-13 22:47:37

Argan Oil EVERYTHING

If you go on facebook you will be able to find someone reasonably near who will drop a book to you. You can also request one through the website, or each rep has their own online catalogue that is exactly the same as the print one - it is different to the official website.

TheBeautyLeaderDotCoDotUk Tue 19-Mar-13 07:23:36

I'm an Avon lady and if you want to get the Skin So Soft that repels mosquitos, be sure to get only the green 'original' variety - not the pink one smile

I use lots of their products and make-up wise, my faves are the Ideal Flawless foundation, Glimmerstick Diamonds eyeliners, and Supershock Max mascaras.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:51:07

The glycerin hand creams are excellent, I use alcohol gel at work and I slather the cream on at night.

ooer Tue 19-Mar-13 11:04:55

Another vote for the anti-midge properties of Skin so Soft for the Scottish highlands (I bought mine direct from Avon but have seen it in some "outdoors"/ mountainy shops so they must think it's good too!)

Always found their eyeliner pencils good for ease of application and their eyeshadow good for a pop of colour.

And YY to their bubblebath.

And I have sometimes bought clothes - nightwear or leggings type stuff.

Our Avon lady at work stopped doing it. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now