Part 4- All you ever need to know about fragrance continues

(1000 Posts)
shoeprincess2 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:55:37
Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:34:02

Very best of luck to those with medical woes. Thinking of you. This is the worst bit, according to my MIL who was recently successfully treated for breast cancer. It is horrible waiting to find out. Apparently she felt much better once she actually knew what she was dealing with, even though it wasn't good news for her - I do hope it is good news all the way for both of you.

Tried Pear and Olive today. It is OK. And that is high praise from the original hater of all things foody and fruity. I don't think I'll wear it much, though so if anyone wants a sample, shout. I also have Sova to swap/give away, which is so caramelly on initial whiff that I don't know what happens after that because I had to have an actual shower to wash it off. If anyone fancies it, let me know.

Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:34:39

Also, I am still trying to give away Cioco Rosissimo. PLEASE, someone much like chocolate. Take it away. I hate it.

Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:34:48

MUST like chocolate, I mean.

just how chocolatey is it?

Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:52:29

It's pretty damn chocolatey! I believe it has rose in there too but I've never got that far because I'm the original gourmand hater and it makes me feel ill. If you want it, or even think you might like to try a single spray, please PM me your address because I will never wear it again! You can always pass it on if you don't like it.

I shall Pm you if you don't mind, I quite like the sound of it and I LOVE trying new scents even though I don't have much descriptive powers! I don't think I have anything to swap otherwise I would offer sad

Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:57:58

I don't mind at all! And I'd be delighted to pass it on to someone who might like it. Hope it cheers you up a bit. I don't need a swap so don't feel bad. I'm happy to pass it on (it was a freebie from Scents and Sensibility when I ordered some other stuff so I didn't pay for it or anything). Also, all the scents you like are things I don't like so this may be a good fit for you! grin

Haberdashery Mon 25-Mar-13 23:58:30

However, I will warn you now, I have a sick kid in bed upstairs so it may be a few days before I can get to the post office!

I don't mind waiting and having something nice in the post instead of bills will be very nice indeed. I hope your poorly DD/DS recovers soon smile

Haberdashery Tue 26-Mar-13 00:03:07

Thanks, she's fine, just got a temperature and a sore throat. Unfortunately she's too big to pop in the buggy and take off to wherever I need to go!

thanks Haberdashery

Ladame Tue 26-Mar-13 08:34:55

pocket and onelittlelady - Sorry to hear that you both have something so sad to worry about. Hope you both don't have to wait too long for your results and that it all works out ok for you.

Meeting best friend for lunch today, we both love NR for her and so will be in a little cloud of our own making.

Thank you Ladame in fact, thank all of you, you've all been very kind smile

shoeprincess2 Tue 26-Mar-13 09:36:25

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been quiet of late. I have been keeping up to date with the thread, but haven't got round to posting. OneLittleLady and pocketandsweet- hope your results come through quickly and that all is ok. Big virtual hugs to you both.

2 weeks left of maternity leave, so been busy getting things ready. Finally got round to getting my eyes tested (and some v nice tortoiseshell glasses), new haircut (it had been a loooooooooooong time since it was last done), plus weaning Oliver and making sure that he is in some kind of routine for nursery.

Perfume wise, I have been using samples that I already have. Today's scent is Eau D'Epices. A veritable basket of dried fruits and spices- perfect for a cold spring day. I am trying to limit myself to just ordering a handful each month. I still find ebay quite good for decants. I am in love with Chergui at the moment, so will probably purchase a 5 or 10ml decant from there. Then I may ask for a fb for my birthday, if I am still in love with it (bearing in mind that I am fickle).

clb Tue 26-Mar-13 10:10:42

Inspired by CointreauVersial, and by a package of samples from Parfum d'Empire which arrived yesterday, trying Ambre Russe today. First impression: how like SL Arabia it is - need to try one on each wrist though; this is from v fallible memory.

I have some samples I don't want - anyone up for a swap? Some of them have v little left, though, I warn you:

Miller Harris - Fleur Oriental

Caron - Farnesiana

Annick Goutal - Ninfeo Mio

Diptyque - Volutes

Frédéric Malle - Lipstick Rose

Frédéric Malle - Une Fleur de Cassie

Vero Profumo - Rubj

Tauer - Orange Star

Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling!, Trayee and Mohur (v little left of Mohur)

CointreauVersial Tue 26-Mar-13 13:12:26

clb - Oooh, I like the sound of a couple of those: the Miller Harris Fleur Oriental and the Diptyque Volutes. I'll PM you a list of what I have, if any of them take your fancy.

Hope you are still enjoying the Ambre Russe - personally, I found it got better and better as the day wore on.

clb Tue 26-Mar-13 13:27:48

It's lovely, isn't it? I get contrasting wafts of something raspy and woody and then a syrupy spiciness.

The Volutes and Fleur Oriental are yours!

Fuzzybirds Tue 26-Mar-13 14:26:16

SOTD is Orange Star, thanks to Cointreau thanks

This is a funny one as the opening has a bit of Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner about it, yet once that goes, the drydown is gorgeous. I could imagine this being a great Christmas scent, with it's orangey spicyness.

I made a discovery on Sunday in M&S, which may interest Teint de Neige lovers- Osez Moi by Chantal Thomass. It has a very similar feel, perhaps a bit more floral. Worth a sniff if you're looking for a slightly more affordable/ available alternative to TdN.

I also found my first scrubber- Mugler's Womanity! Something a bit over ripe or almost rotting about it, it just seemed like a very strong peachy/ figgy note. Maybe I don't like fig?!

It's funny how I started off this 'hobby' thinking I liked everything and am now discovering that I do have certain preferences after all. Thank goodness as I really need to narrow my wishlist down grin

auldspinster Tue 26-Mar-13 17:34:19

SOTD Cuir de Lancome - a lovely warm chypre for a cold day.

FrugalFashionista Tue 26-Mar-13 17:47:31

A dull gray day, DD2 has earache. Loretta packs a punch - must have antibiotic properties!

pocketandsweet Tue 26-Mar-13 17:53:21

SOTD Nocturnes thanks to florascotia. The start isn't as I remember but it mellows into something I recognise from my memory. More than a hint of "old books" which is a good thing in my opinion. I wonder what the "old book" element is? Tomorrow Coromandel ( thanks to ladame). I am a bit afraid of the patchouli though smile

kiwigirl42 Tue 26-Mar-13 18:13:38

pocketandsweet and OneLittleLady- hope things work out well for you both

Like the sound of osez moi in M&S - I often wear Lipstick Rose with Teint de Neige as feels it could do with being just a bit more floral - they are lovely together

Tried out some of my sisters Ange ou Demon and honestly, I wish I hadn't. It smells like toilet duck on me. It's vile. sad It smelt so promising in the bottle, nice and bright. I thought it might be nice for spring but no, it's one I must pass on buying.

CointreauVersial Wed 27-Mar-13 13:09:59

Well, the sun is shining today (even though it is colder than Siberia), so SOTD is Eau D'Hadrien in an effort to conjure up some Mediterranean warmth. It's very pretty, but the sharp citrus opening disappeared very quickly and it is already quite faint. Lovely soft mandarin wafts every now and then.

Pocket, how's your Coromandel? I always thought I hated patchouli until I tried that. grin

FrugalFashionista Wed 27-Mar-13 13:19:42

Trying to coax the sun out by wearing Lys Mediterranée.

This thread is not accepting new messages.