Gap's amazing up to 60% off flash sale!!!

(23 Posts)
joliejolie Mon 18-Mar-13 14:42:35

Some items are up to 60% off including spring dresses, skinny and coloured jeans, scarves, fantastic shoes and bags!! Many are priced at 40% off, others 20%, but there are some great 60% off bargains. It's for a limited time and I was told that the prices go back to normal when it's over.

I picked up a fab little navy and white striped dress, anchor print trousers, two boyfriend shirts, two striped tops and a bag...all for £100!!

Didn't buy any for the kids as my arms were full with stuff for me, me, me. There were some great deals on shorts, tees and coloured jeans, so I may have to go back!

Doesn't look like it's online, so may be in store only.

joliejolie Tue 19-Mar-13 07:59:50

Online now.

Moominsarehippos Tue 19-Mar-13 08:08:10

Good sale! I am skint and have far too many clothes though.

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 08:56:23

Thank you! Now I am also skint.
Good deals though so have I actually saved money? grin

Moominsarehippos Tue 19-Mar-13 11:34:28

Tut tut! Only a bargain if you were going to buy at full price anyway (naughty girl).

joliejolie Tue 19-Mar-13 11:55:17

Trousers for £13.98! Well, that's cheaper than H&M or Primark, which is where I often buy my trousers. I'm thinking I really need to go back for more!

LarkinSky Tue 19-Mar-13 12:44:39

Oh god I've just spent €190. They're even offering free international delivery today, which is great. Hopefully - if they all fit - I've just sorted out my back to work wardrobe, as well as a couple of shirts for DH.
Mumsnet costs me so much money!

LarkinSky Tue 19-Mar-13 12:45:35

I was too late for dresses in my size (12), only maxis left, but got two nice-looking suit jackets and some fine knits to go underneath. Plus new socks for two quid :-)

DanGleebals Tue 19-Mar-13 14:14:19

Was just coming on to post about this! I got myself a pair of skinny mini trousers (chinos) and a green boyfriend cardigan for£24 reduced from £70 grin. They had some great knit wear and hand too, plus some fab cross body bags - real leather in nude, pink and blue. They were less than £30 - kicking myself for not getting one now...

DanGleebals Tue 19-Mar-13 14:16:15

Hand = trousers. F'ing kindle

LaTrucha Tue 19-Mar-13 16:47:07

GAPFREE gives free delivery on orders over £75

joliejolie Tue 19-Mar-13 17:37:56

I was like a woman possessed yesterday. How can they afford it??!!

I haven't been able to find a single thing I want from Gap, sale or not, for several years. Glad some of you found things you liked though.

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 17:48:05

I have ordered a couple pairs of trousers as it was a very good reduction. Have ordered a few basic t'shirts too. £4 for posting isn't too bad either and it was excellent service last time I ordered from there.

LarkinSky Tue 19-Mar-13 17:54:20

I slightly resent the big supermarket-sweep type Gap shops I do during their sales, but as I don't get much chance to do any shopping, let alone in nice shops, it's just so easy and the stuff is usually flattering if not very fashionable.
I love their 'Long and Lean' jeans, but they are never reduced (about £50 normally). However, their dresses and jackets seem well cut for an hourglass figure, their workwear washes well and sizing is always generous.

landofsoapandglory Tue 19-Mar-13 17:57:49

What is Gap's sizing wrt trousers like please? Is it generous or snug?

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 17:59:43

They have improved over the last couple of years. Their trousers seem to fit me very well and the jeans seem to last forever.

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 18:00:05

size down though!

landofsoapandglory Tue 19-Mar-13 18:03:07

Thank you, plenty smile.

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 18:10:43

Its flattering to order a smaller size eventhough its not true wink

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Mar-13 19:46:57

Oh you buggers!
Have just spent £100 that o don't have, well will have to come out of savings. I am one of those "got a job but ot only just covers childcare" people.
But I have recently lost nearly 3 stone and none of my clothes fit.

plentyofsoap Tue 19-Mar-13 20:17:22

Well done on the weight loss bike. You need new clothes as a reward smile

landofsoapandglory Tue 19-Mar-13 21:19:20

Thank you OP, I bought the trousers I have had my eye on for the late Spring/Summer. As they were reduced from £34.95 to £13.95 I bought 2 colour ways!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now