what do you think of this dress?

(121 Posts)

My sister's wedding in 3 weeks. It's a late afternoon register office then hotel evening do.

Pic on profile, any other suggestions more than welcome.

I'd forgotten about that bag smile

That outfit is lovely but at £310 before accessories is out of my budget.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 11:40:17

The bouquet dress is really lovely, do you like it?

I know time is against you so I won't suggest trying to get a pink suede sandal or anything.
There is greys in the dress too. I think you'd be able to pick up a dark silver or pewter colour shoe easily enough on the high street. You could match the bag and shoes completely or you'd get away with a sparkly clutch too.

That's what I tried on in the shop with the dress, dark grey peeptoes and the same clutch bag. Also both pink and grey shrug cardis. Both lovely smile

I loved all the dresses smile

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 12:04:13

Well you can't have ALL of them ok. smile

These shoes are nice too if they are the same colour as the dress.
www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Shoes/Alice-Slingback-Platform-Shoes/750339106
(I have about 10 links open looking at shoes and the bouquet dress!)

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 12:11:23

These shoes you'd get a lot of wear out of I think. http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Shoes/Tia-Filigree-Sandals/750347787

Not with the bouquet dress though. Maybe the Ellie one?
I'm picking phase eight because its close to you by the way. It'd be nice to walk in and try everything on together.
I want to come shopping now!!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 12:15:05
TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 12:36:16

I spotted them too! They are nice.

Oh, I see they actually have them on with the dress in that link, duh me!

Which was the most comfortable all on together?
Was there any one that had the edge for you?

I liked them all but I'm leaning towards the bouquet, the ellie dress was lovely but where the crossover is at the top, my bra showed at the sides and all my bras are the same shape.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 13:48:04

Well then, there's your answer Inga!!

Something tells me you are still a bit apprehensive though.

petitdonkey Tue 26-Mar-13 15:53:12

The bouquet dress is beautiful and would be my choice from the selection (not that I think that matters!!!) - good choice!!

A grey or silver shoe will work perfectly and can be used again - ditto pashmina or shrug.

any of these bags would work

I just don't really 'do' dressing up. I'm going out on Thursday to buy it all. So Phase Eight for dress, Coast for bag and a trawl for shoes smile

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 26-Mar-13 21:57:39

Accessorize have nice clutches too and they're not too expensive.

Happy shopping and enjoy the wedding. You will be lovely.

Off shopping today armed with DHs wages (not all of them obvs) wish me kuck smile

Luck hmm

OK so bouquet dress, green shrug, nude shoes and matching ish bag. Very happy, in and out in an hour like a ninja, thank you all smile

woopsidaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 09:18:36

Just fiund this thread which has passed a bfing session!
I have a very similar dress to the one in OP. I love it and it looks fab, and I get so many compliments when wearing it.
But when I sit down it really rides up. I have good legs but it is not comfortable nice or flattering!
I love the outfit you have chosen. And the accessories sound gorgeous. You will look amazing, have a great time at the wedding!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Fri 29-Mar-13 09:24:01

Fab Inga!
You'll have to post a photo on the day after all that.
Enjoy smile

Turquoiseblue Fri 29-Mar-13 09:25:59

i think it s a nice dress, I would go for a colour bag and shoes - a purple or blue maybe ? (need to see them together though)
You could do a cream/ ivory blazer type jacket paired with nude/ gold heels bag belt too (they would be easily reused ...) I have a lovely jacquard type ivory blazer from Zara that I ve worn lots with dresses and also casually with jeans etc. THe material leand to it being a bit more structured and easier to dress up.

Turquoiseblue Fri 29-Mar-13 09:30:05

oops sorry see you re sorted - enjoy the day !

OK total outfit:

dress

shrug

shoes

bag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now