what do you think of this dress?

(121 Posts)

My sister's wedding in 3 weeks. It's a late afternoon register office then hotel evening do.

Pic on profile, any other suggestions more than welcome.

I know lupin but look so is the one I tried on. Loads of viscose and polyester around in every shop I had a look in, including Harvey Nicks shock

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 17-Mar-13 19:38:27

Phase Eight has gone downhill so much, it is a real shame. Everything is polyester, and it doesn't wash either. I had to bin a Verity after one outing last summer because it got wet and the stain wouldn't come out, it just spread - and I dry-cleaned it first because that was what the care label said to do.

£100+ for one wear is too much for me!

Hopefully that butterfly one will come up trumps!

My Janice looked like a dish rag after a couple of washes. I refuse to even look in there now tbh.

Oh the thought of spending £100+ on a one wear dress is scary for me. I need to at least believe 10+ wears for that sort of cash.

TSSDNCOP Sun 17-Mar-13 19:41:55

I like the red dress, but I'd put these accessories with it:

wrap

bag

shoes

Loving the wrap and bag but the shoes look a bit flimsy for me, any suggestions for a slightly more solid shoe (and about £100 off the price tag) smile

Verity dresses bnwt on ebay for £75 shock

Viviennemary Sun 17-Mar-13 19:55:42

I'm not very fond of bright red as a colour especially for weddings. But it's a perfectly OK dress.

TSSDNCOP Sun 17-Mar-13 19:56:49
CockBollocks Sun 17-Mar-13 19:57:02

I would agre that the red dress, although lovely, is more of a work look.

Loving the Coast & Phase 8 dresses. Especially the Floret one.

Bambalam Sun 17-Mar-13 20:01:05

Hi OP

I think you could do with a little more definition around your waist so how about this dress - I think the V neck would work for you and twist around the waist can be quite forgiving after a few drinks and a meal...

I think the thing is I don't work in an office, I'm a student midwife so either scruffy jeans for uni, smart casual or uniform for placements.

Loving those shoes smile

happyherdwick Sun 17-Mar-13 20:02:04

You could also try Kaliko-they usually have nice dresses!

happyherdwick Sun 17-Mar-13 20:02:31

You could also try Kaliko-they usually have nice dresses!

happyherdwick Sun 17-Mar-13 20:02:46

oops sorry!

This butterfly dress is only £35 in the Oasis sale.

Ooh that is nice and would also show off my lovely tattoo. Maybe a bit of a high neckline for my shape though?

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 18-Mar-13 13:57:06

I love the Betsy butterfly dress. I think it would be prefect. I have lots of Phase Eight dresses in the same fabric as that and they are really wearable. They're staple dresses in my wardrobe. Good luck shopping!

FWIW I wouldn't wear the Oasis dress so that you can show off your tattoo. Tattoos and weddings don't mix for me. Just my opinion of course.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Wed 20-Mar-13 20:57:50

Did you go shopping OP?

Ashoething Mon 25-Mar-13 13:16:17

I like all of those phase eight dresses but especially the geranium one-I am a sucker for 50's style though. I dont know how to do links but Lady Vintage do lovely fit and flare dresses for £40-£50. Lovely prints and all the dresses are lined. I have bought 2 recently and love them. Hope you enjoy the wedding!

Ashoething Mon 25-Mar-13 13:17:36

BHS-yes really!-also have some lovely wedding appropriate dresses at the moment.

A shoething, do they need an underskirt/net or are they ok without?

Frogman Mon 25-Mar-13 13:44:35

I think you need to have a look round the shops again. It's okay but looks like something I wear to work.

Frogman Mon 25-Mar-13 13:46:30

Ooo those phase eight dresses are beautiful. I especially like the second and third ones and looks like you have the right figure to make them look great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now