what do you think of this dress?

(121 Posts)

My sister's wedding in 3 weeks. It's a late afternoon register office then hotel evening do.

Pic on profile, any other suggestions more than welcome.

notimefors Sun 17-Mar-13 18:21:50

I think it is a tiny bit too officey too. The shape suits you though. Maybe something in a similar shape but nite one block colour would work better?

notimefors Sun 17-Mar-13 18:22:32

Not, not 'nite'.

Thanks all for the compliments blush Yes it is me in the photo and I will DEFINITELY get a blow dry for the wedding smile

I am 5'7'', size 16, pear/hourglass shape, I think I suit reds, peacock blue, lime green, oranges? If it helps someone said I am an autumn.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 18:31:04

Ooh, yes Remus. That second one is beautiful.

OP, you look great in that shape dress. Make the most of it, the link Remus put up is really nice and more suited to a wedding guest IMHO.

Enjoy it.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 18:33:00

Oops, cross post.
The Hayworth one is what I meant OP.
Good shape but more sister of the bride.

Oooh I do like all of those, thanks Remus, a lot less cash than the one I tried on.

It's gorgeous, isn't it? Expensive though.

Quee, that would be lovely but I'm not sure you (or anyone) have the patience in RL hence the posts smile

Doesn't shiny fabric make you look bigger? Always a bit nervous of it. Love the pink Hobbs one too.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 18:59:41
TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 19:02:06

Really love This one but you may upstage the bride smile

Looooove the butterfly one. There is a phase eight shop down the road from DCs school, might pop in tomorrow. Thank you smile

I don't think my sister would forgive me for the second dress, although it is lovely.

BuggedByJake Sun 17-Mar-13 19:16:52

It looks good on you but please to wear it with black. Nude or a light beige looks great with red.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 19:17:03

It's the nice fitted shape again Inga. It would show off your assets too ;)

There's more like that on the site I linked. Try on a few if you're close to a store. Sometimes what looks wrong at first glance looks different when its on you.

BuggedByJake Sun 17-Mar-13 19:17:50

* don't wear it with black.

I have been looking for an excuse to buy nude heels Jake mmmm

cocolepew Sun 17-Mar-13 19:30:27

You look lovely, I think the butterfly dress will look good on you too.

BuggedByJake Sun 17-Mar-13 19:31:56

Those shoes are perfect smile

So what colour shoes for the butterfly dress?

I am actually excited about dresses smile

Phase Eight so expensive and so polyestery nowadays. Some good shapes but they are often not terribly nice irl because of the fabric. They can be frumpy lengths too, but you are tall so should be okay.

BuggedByJake Sun 17-Mar-13 19:37:49

I can't see the link to the butterfly dress ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now