what do you think of this dress?

(121 Posts)

My sister's wedding in 3 weeks. It's a late afternoon register office then hotel evening do.

Pic on profile, any other suggestions more than welcome.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 17-Mar-13 17:39:15

I can't see your profile?

Just realised that! Hang on...

Ok think I've sorted it

pinkyredrose Sun 17-Mar-13 17:44:00

still can't see profile!

ivykaty44 Sun 17-Mar-13 17:46:10

no can't see anything

It's working for me. It's fine. I do wonder if that shape could perhaps be a bit worky, but if you like it and it feels comfortable then it's absolutely great. What will you wear with it?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 17-Mar-13 17:48:39

I like it. You look as if you've got quite big boobs? In which case that is a good neckline.

Have you got a jacket or something to go with it? Doesn't look like the weather is going to warm up any time soon!!

Thanks, the boobs came with the 3 extra stone grin No idea what to wear with it, I am a style free zone. I thought black heels and a black clutch bag? No jacket that would work.

You'll need something over it or you'll freeze. Personally I'm not terribly fond of bright red with black. Have you already bought the dress?

Nope, I tried it on, didn't buy it. Maybe a darker read for shoes and bag?

pinkyredrose Sun 17-Mar-13 17:55:33

That's a lovely dress, agree that it would look good with something over the top. A wrap or shawl.

I think black heels and bag would look great.

pinkyredrose Sun 17-Mar-13 17:56:54

No I wouldn't do darker red for the shoes and bag, it would just saturate the colour of the dress whereas black would 'set it off' IYSWIM.

But not a black shawl/wrap for a wedding though?

snowmummy Sun 17-Mar-13 17:59:45

Is it the red dress? Its nice and appropriate for the occasion. Do you feel good in it?

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 17-Mar-13 18:01:48

Sorry, I think it's too office like.
If you put black shoes and bag you're definitely bordering on work wear.
I'd go shopping again.

OK, other suggestions please? I NEED tailoring, I have tried floaty and I always look like a sack of spuds sad

Egusta Sun 17-Mar-13 18:06:13

Oh I love it, and think it really suits you, if that is you in the pic. smile

Say, hair up, smokey eyes and a great necklace, bangle combo and you are good to go.

(says me who is wearing hot pink and bright orange today..... but in my defence the orange are my pj bottoms).

Snog Sun 17-Mar-13 18:06:37

I think you look awesome and your username's not bad either
A black jacket or pashmina will work well and also recommend you treat yourself to a blow dry for the wedding
Enjoy!

Egusta Sun 17-Mar-13 18:08:00

Hang on... you have 4 children and can wear a structured dress?

[swoons with envy]

What's your budget? And what colours suit you? Size?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 17-Mar-13 18:17:50

I don't think you need to shop again. Weddings are supposed to be smart, not necessarily massively glamorous - especially at this time of year.

I would go for hair up, and smokey eyes as suggested above - and gold jewellery with perhaps a nude clutch bag and wrap/shawl. That will take it away from any kind of office look.

pinkyredrose Sun 17-Mar-13 18:18:45

How about a blue shawl? That would go well if you get the right shade and maybe a blue fascinator?

Would you like me to come shopping with you missus?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now