Denim shirts - what do you wear with yours?

(20 Posts)
CointreauVersial Sun 17-Mar-13 23:32:31

Arf at icon.grin

Actually, OP, I just bought a yellow vest top to wear under my denim shirt - yellow is "in" for spring and goes nicely with denim if you can't face a lot of it.

I'm flattered, Cointreau. I've always seen you as one of the S&B icons of MN. smile

TrampyPants Sun 17-Mar-13 11:17:56

untucked over khaki cords, with a striped l/s top under and sleeves rolled up and tucked into a printed skirt with a wide tan belt. I love my denim shirt.

freddiefrog Sun 17-Mar-13 11:14:30

Thanks!

Teta probably the same one then. This is stretchy, fitted and a sort of dark dirty denim

I'm wearing it today, undone with a white vest and cream/biscuity skinnies and it looks OK.

I think I might wear it more in the summer

singaporeswing Sun 17-Mar-13 05:27:40

Looks gorgeous with berry coloured skinny jeans.

Frogman Sun 17-Mar-13 03:47:31

I've never worn one. I thought they were hideous in the 1980s and I think they are worse now. I do live in denim jeans however.

BestIsWest Sun 17-Mar-13 01:31:23

DD wears with dresses, boots and tights usually topped with a biker jacket. Looks good on her.

CointreauVersial Sun 17-Mar-13 00:57:34

Wot Remus said (blimey, that's twice I've said that today, you and I must be style twins, Remus and it saves me all that typing ).

I wear mine with darker denim skinnies. I find that as long as there is enough of a difference in shade you don't look like you are about to start Rockin' all over the world grin

I wear them open over a vest top and skirt, or a sleeveless dress in the summer.
Fastened part way with a cami under and with black skinnies, plus a biker jacket in Spring and Autumn.
With black skinnies and a cardigan in winter.
With a fabric mini skirt and opaques in Spring/Autumn.

I still need a new one.

MrsRogerSterling Sat 16-Mar-13 16:16:30

I have been wearing mine with dark grey leopard print harems or my plain navy harems.

teta Sat 16-Mar-13 15:14:34

I also bought one from TK's this week in a dark indigo stretch denim.I've tried it on with a floaty silk maxi skirt and a white t shirt and linen trousers.Its very fitted so i think i will wear it like a jacket tbw.

scarlet76 Sat 16-Mar-13 15:14:01

I wear mine loads!
In winter months with bottle green skinnys or black skinnys. Buttoned right up and tucked into a jersey pencil skirt.
In summer months with colours skinnys or open over a dress.

Trills Sat 16-Mar-13 14:29:24

The last time I wore a denim shirt I think I wore it with a yellow t-shirt and neon-printed leggings because I was 10 and it was the early 90s.

I wear mine with darker denim jeans, bright pink skinnies, skinny combats, tucked into a black polka dot pencil skirt, over a neon yellow tee and pale grey harems... the list goes on! I think they're very versatile.

awaywego1 Sat 16-Mar-13 13:29:01

Coloured skinny jeans?

awaywego1 Sat 16-Mar-13 13:28:37

Coloured skinny jeans?

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 12:07:45

I do wear the jacket with dresses, but I don't really wear skirts or dresses, unless they're maxi dresses in the summer

I have a pair of black boyfriend-ish type jeans which it might work with.

I really love the shirt or I'd take it back

PrincessOfChina Sat 16-Mar-13 11:59:12

I've put mine on today for the first time in ages as I never know what to wear it with. I've gone with black jeans today (Topshop Baxters). I honestly don't know what else I would wear it with though.

Denim jacket is easier - I'd wear with dresses and skirts mainly.

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 11:49:59

I broke my spending ban and my no impulse buy rule and bought a bargainous denim shirt in TK Maxx but having got it home I'm wondering how to wear it without looking like I'm on my way to a Status Quo convention.

It'll be fine in the summer, I have lots of non-denim items of clothing that I can wear with it, but in the winter I tend to live in jeans. I have some khaki combats but it doesn't look quite right with it

I've also got a denim jacket that I hardly ever wear for the same reason

So how do you wear yours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now