Cheap alternative to double wear?

(16 Posts)
DuttyWine Sat 16-Mar-13 07:57:43

My Estée Lauder double wear foundation is running out and I can't afford to replace it until I get paid! Is there a cheap copy around I can get to tide me over? Thanks.

justaweeone Sat 16-Mar-13 08:14:33

Rimmel do one called lasting finish that is not to bad
You could always get a DW sample that could last about 10 days then by it when you get paid saving you money in the long run if you don't like the cheap one

justaweeone Sat 16-Mar-13 08:15:03

Buy!

QuinnFabray Sat 16-Mar-13 08:15:18

Rimmel 25 hour is good, as it Bourjois 123 Perfection - both long lasting and quite a nice finish.

QuinnFabray Sat 16-Mar-13 08:16:07

Yep, Rimmel 25 hour lasting finish I think it is.

DuttyWine Sat 16-Mar-13 08:33:18

Thanks, I asked for a sample last time as I was thinking of changing the shade I buy and they said they no longer give them out.

I will go and test the Rimmel and boujours as I get quite a dark shade in double wear and struggle to find cheaper shades that match!

Double seems to have jumped in price really quickly it was 21 pound when I first bought it I think.

QuinnFabray Sat 16-Mar-13 08:44:54

Yeah, cheaper brands tend to be pretty crap with darker shades. Revlon Colorstay is also good, and the colour range is better I think, but it's not that cheap at about £12 or £13.

justaweeone Sat 16-Mar-13 09:33:09

It has gone up in price
I am sure I only paid £21 now it is £27.50!

Allthingspretty Sat 16-Mar-13 11:56:19

I got a sample of double wear a few weeks back. Go to another counter!

Pizzaexpress2 Sat 16-Mar-13 12:03:43

I got a sample last week from boots. Debenhams also does tee Lauder and will oblige. I would try again.
I get my DW from the Cosmetics Company at the nearest designer outlet Mc ArthurGlen place and it is only£19.50 there.
HTH

Branleuse Sat 16-Mar-13 12:07:12

ive only recently gone to DW, and i think its fab, but my 2nd favourite is good old maybelline mousse

DuttyWine Sat 16-Mar-13 17:21:48

Hi I went to super drug and came out with sleek full coverage creme to powder foundation compact it was 7.99 and looked quite good lots of shades available too!

Fanjounchained Sat 16-Mar-13 18:07:16

I'll need to bare the Rimmel one in mind when I run out of my current bottle. Didn't rate the Revlon Colorstay one though I know a lot of people swear by it. It slid off my face by lunchtime (using the exact same moisturiser and primer that I used with DW).

Well I've never use DW but it's always on here as being really good, so I went to Boots to ask for a sample. She gave me a little bottle with loads in!!! Why don't you do that? That would last you for a while till the next bottle.

steben Sat 16-Mar-13 19:52:13

Try the website cheap smells - they sometimes do really good discounts and free delivery!

LadyApricot Sun 17-Mar-13 07:53:18

I think mac are slightly cheaper and are best for darker shades..
I love double wear too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now