How do I avoid scary eyebrows?

(10 Posts)
JudithOfThePeace Fri 15-Mar-13 21:48:17

I have noticed a number of mums at school sporting rather scary looking eyebrows recently. One lady has pencilled in some really dark, unnatural brows and they look so made up and awful.

However, my own brows are a bit patchy and untidy if I just leave them so I do feel they need something. I like my mac eyebrow pencil, but it's a bit of a made up look for every day and I suspect might lead me into scary eyebrow territory.

So, any eyebrow advice?

freerangeeggs Fri 15-Mar-13 22:14:50

Powder looks a bit more natural - you could try the Benefit brow kit, which comes with powder, wax and little brushes for application.

Just make sure it's not too dark and your brows aren't overplucked and I'm sure it'll look fine

PoppyWearer Fri 15-Mar-13 22:16:46

They will have done HD Brows. This involves dye.

Do not do HD Brows.

beachyhead Fri 15-Mar-13 22:18:36

I second the Benefit brow kit.... Very good

JudithOfThePeace Fri 15-Mar-13 22:27:38

I have never heard of HD brows!! Sounds odd.

I'll have a look at the benefit kit, thanks. I don't think my eyebrows are over plucked. They were, in my yoof, but these days I just try to pluck the stray ones.

leakyR Fri 15-Mar-13 22:27:55

I had a weekend in Liverpool recently where it seemed like everyone had very dark, thick HD brows. I found after 24 hours I was wondering if mine weren't too sparse and natural looking hmmcame to my senses when I got home. The benefit brow zing kit is a good one and great for daytime.

JudithOfThePeace Fri 15-Mar-13 22:33:22

Do you mean brow-zings or brows a-go-go?

JudithOfThePeace Fri 15-Mar-13 22:35:04

Sorry - xpost! Duly noted - thanks!

UserError Fri 15-Mar-13 23:16:13

I live in Liverpool and I HATE the whole fashion here for thick, dark eyebrows. You can get the same effect by drawing a thick line with a permanent marker. confused

I do have very neat and groomed eyebrows, but I don't ever, EVER go overboard. Regular threading (£5 in Superdrug) and Browsings for me, nothing else. Usually I just use the wax part, it's subtle but still strong enough to fill in any gaps and look natural. If you go to a Benefit counter I'm sure they'll be happy to let you have a play around.

Fanjounchained Fri 15-Mar-13 23:28:12

Have you tried using your normal MAC eyebrow pencil but then brushing through lightly with a brow brush ? I just can't get powder to work for me (use an eyebrow brush from GEORGE @ Asda, the blonde one I think) and when I've overdone it a quick brush through can take away the harsh look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now