Why do I look shit in a dressing gown?

(57 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Thu 14-Mar-13 21:56:50

I'm a size 12, 5ft4.

But anytime I wear a dressing gown and do it up with the waist tie, I look lumpy or just huge.

This goes for both my slinky ones at home and thick fluffy ones at hotels.

Yet when I see other people wearing them, they look less lumpy, and more sexy with it.
And this isn't just people who are itsy bitsy teeny.

Am I just a funny shape?

Lakota Sun 17-Mar-13 18:41:00

That one on ebay is aimed at pervs. 'Well worn' is a code word for fetishists who like things a bit sweaty and unwashed, if I remember correctly. So you can make money from your skanky old slippers etc, if you have no qualms!

RoganJosh Sun 17-Mar-13 19:09:39

I think a dark colour helps. If I'm going to be in public I tend to put a fleece top on instead though. (With pj bottoms!)

Sheila Sun 17-Mar-13 19:46:07

In my case it's because my untrammelled breasts swing round my waist in the most unalluring manner. I lashed out on a white company towelling robe (tired out being cold) and still look shite.confused

seeker Sun 17-Mar-13 19:53:35

<gazes down at untrammelled breasts in much loved kaftan printed rather unfortunately with batik elephants- gazes away hastily>

notnowImreading Sun 17-Mar-13 19:56:46

This is what I want to look like in a dressing gown. Unfortunately, I mostly look like this.

Sheila Sun 17-Mar-13 20:05:52

grin Seeker - maybe the bravissimo hidden bra top is the way forward?

BeSTFRiEND1978 Mon 06-Jan-14 12:09:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now