Waterproof mascara - does it exist?

(11 Posts)
Frizzbonce Thu 14-Mar-13 17:51:22

Maybe I've got mascara resistant eyelashes but I've NEVER come across a mascara that really stays put. Within an hour I'm Mrs Panda. I don't mind spending a bit of money. Surely there must be one out there?

Isandri Thu 14-Mar-13 18:48:44

It exists... rimmel 100% waterproof mascara. It's swimproof and I like doing lengths underwater.

I'm not sure if you know this but if you has moisturiser on your eyelashes you're more likely to get pandas eyes as your mascara will slide off.

If you want a more high impact mascara then lancome hypnosis (sic) is almost as good

Frizzbonce Thu 14-Mar-13 20:12:04

Thanks Is! smile

PenelopePisstop Thu 14-Mar-13 20:58:10

Cliniques Power Lash is great. My eye make-up always seemed to slide down my face, I always had black smudge marks under my eyes - it was almost my trademark sad

I got Power Lash after a tip on here and can honestly say I have never had a smudging of a smudge since!

Fast Fri 15-Mar-13 11:48:56

Chanel Inimitable is definitely waterproof - to the point it is nearly impossible to remove when you do want it to come off. I like to use eyelash curlers and it is one of the few mascaras I have found that hold the curve all day.

Isandri Fri 15-Mar-13 13:56:21

If you get the rimmel one the easiest way to remove it is with either sensai cleansing oil my dry sensitive skin loves this, or with olive oil.

bulletproofgerbil Fri 15-Mar-13 14:54:01

Blinc is smudgeproof but not waterproof. So for every day normal life (apart from if you cry a lot) it would be fine probably. It's very easy to remove. It's the only one I've had any success with. I tried Cliniques Power Lash but bits of it seemed to flake off onto my cheek

thinkfast Sat 16-Mar-13 01:27:47

Lancôme hypnose waterproof. I have very watery eyes and it stays put. I generally only do top lashes though

bunnymother Sat 16-Mar-13 08:38:23

Maybelline ones work well for me

DingbatsFur Sat 16-Mar-13 10:12:55

I second power lash! I failed with all other waterproof mascaras (except a Kanebo? One years ago). This one stays put even in heavy rain.

Frizzbonce Sat 16-Mar-13 13:12:36

Thanks guys. I think the problem for me is making sure my lashes and eyelids are oil free before the mascara goes on.

Thank you for all your recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now