So these wedge trainers.....

(89 Posts)
PetiteMum Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:37

I'm wanting a pair as they look so comfy.....but do I risk looking like mutton? Or a Rita ora groupie?

I quite like some of the plainer ones. They look nice with skinnies. I think they look bloody awful with those baggy tracksuit-esque trousers though.

babybarrister Colombia Fri 15-Mar-13 16:49:27

I have them too and am almost 44sad

MoodyDidIt Fri 15-Mar-13 17:21:01

they are REALLY comfy

with mine i cant even tell i am wearing heels

i have these

except i have changed the laces for wide bright pink ones,. they look AMAZING imo

also in answer to where people have asked what else you can wear with them other than skinnies, i wear leather look leggings and a baggy top with mine

<dress sense of a teenager, but do i care, no i dont>

Lakota Fri 15-Mar-13 17:26:51

I LOVE mine. They are black, and just look like hi-tops. I wear them with skinnies or tights. I am 36, no one has yet commented negatively, and even if they're thinking it I don't care!

ifancyashandy Fri 15-Mar-13 18:25:50

Thanks Jumpherwho smile

BriAndLottie Fri 15-Mar-13 19:11:20

Well I think they're great, but I still fall into the 'young' catagory I think grin plus I look younger than I am, and I'm short. I have a black pair with silver blingy bits on them, they're so comfortable!

CareerGirl01 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:28:31

I'm 42 and have a navy pair. Love them and they don't look too young.

FrameyMcFrame Fri 15-Mar-13 21:30:18

i think yhey look very silly indeed.

is it the juxtaposition of sportwear and high heels that make them look so impractical?
Like you wANTED go jogging but put the wrong shoes on.

JumpHerWho Fri 15-Mar-13 21:40:13

Topaz I am sending you my credit card bill. Navy Bowies on the way smile

blue2711 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:01:58

Thanks Topaz! I was just idly reading this thread nodding along and now I too own some navy Bowies. Too tempting to resist and I do wear my tan Ash pair loads...

look its very simple..if you like them get them..they are not everyones cup of tea and like marmite : love them or loathe them. Be individual and dont worry about what other people think..who cares?
New look had some great ones for £15 last time I was in there...

reastie Sat 16-Mar-13 07:32:24

I had a pair about 15 years ago - does that make me uber fashionable as I'm way ahead of you all or just really poor at fashion timing hmm

RobinSparkles United States Sat 16-Mar-13 08:29:14

Reastie I remember a similar kind of shoe about 15 years ago! I never had a pair but I wanted some, I think.

Was it around the time the Spice Girls were huge? Everyone had huge wedges.

I really like those Nike ones Moody!

Katfish1 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:39:48

They are bloody hideous!!

echt Sat 16-Mar-13 10:20:32

To me, they would only work if one would wear ANY trainer when not actually in a gym, or running/jogging.

Which I would not.

Fugly at any age.

<58 in my case>

noddyholder Sat 16-Mar-13 10:23:17

I am 47 and have a completely plain black pair love them v comfy and not young looking but no bling on them

Im 30 and contemplating a plain pair... would like ash ones but Id only get those if I found a bargain

MoodyDidIt Sat 16-Mar-13 11:11:27

i had the spice girl style buffalo trainers in about 1997

i LOVED them, i wore them with either a short dress, or combat trousers and a crop top blush i was only about 17 though in my defence

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 11:18:16

I have a pair of Ash Thelma and I bloody love them.

I'm not so keen on the hi-top trainer style ones though

I wear mine with skinnies or turned up boyfriend jeans

purples Sat 16-Mar-13 11:26:01

As a shortie, I love the idea of anything that adds height, but I'm not sure I'd get away with "browneyedpixie" idea of harem trousers. At my age there is a limit of what I can inflict on the general public!
But, Oh, I am so tempted by the shoes, I think I'll have to try a pair on next time I'm shopping. But I've a horrible feeling it will just make me look like I'm wearing my daughters shoes!

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 11:31:27

I think harems are ok with them if they're not too MC Hammer-ish

I've got a pair from ASOS, they're called harems on the website, but they're quite fitted

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 11:34:59

I have a pair of the Puma Blackstation ones. They are suede in black so they don't have the puffy PU trainer feel and are therefore a bit more "grown up"?

I wear with either skinny chinos or twisted Diesel boyfriend jeans.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 11:38:07
MoodyDidIt Sat 16-Mar-13 12:06:21

OMG wally i LOVE them

well jel

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 12:13:30

They are also super comfortable.

I've bought the Puma Hussein Chalayan Bellows ones in Grey too, as I love my black ones so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now