im having 'blink and go' lashes tomorrow....

(19 Posts)
Ledkr Sun 17-Mar-13 16:57:30

Vicar my right eye is nearly normal again and it's just I've two weeks. I'm itching to put some nice mascara on.
I'm going to start a thread about which serum is best.
It really is worth it but you just have to use it every day and be patient. I kept mine by my toothbrush and did it every night then one day I just thought OMG look at my lashes!
Off to start thread now.

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 16-Mar-13 23:51:49

interesting about the serum....think i might try it.

already seem to have lost a few lashes on right eye....am there again anyway on weds for facial so will ask if they can sort it.

i think i should have left it a bit longer before having these - until my natural lashes recovered from the cluster set a bit more.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 16-Mar-13 16:04:03

Thanks, yes I have read you have to be diligent and patient... two qualities I sadly lack smile

Ledkr Sat 16-Mar-13 15:00:11

It was the rapid lash one but I was going to research if there's any other recommendations. It was good but took ages which I think is standard.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 16-Mar-13 12:27:02

Ledkr what serum do you use?

Ledkr Sat 16-Mar-13 07:27:02

Mine still look ok at two weeks but I agree with the mange comment.
vicar have you ever tried the serums? I stuck with it last year and ended up with the most beautiful long thick lashes which looked stunning. I'm going to get some after these have fallen off. It takes a few weeks to work but well worth it.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 15-Mar-13 23:20:07

well.

i got the 'lashes to lashes' - not as dramatic or full on as the cluster lashes but i have to say im quite impressed.

i cant feel them at all - bonus! the cluster lashes felt heavy and after a couple of weeks got on my nerves, but these ones i cant feel at all.

i need to brush them through tomorrow with an old mascara wand and will reserve judgement until i put some eye make up on. (no mascara though....guess that will save time!)

the problem was that the cluster lashes of 2 weeks ago slightly wrecked my real lashes - so mine werent terribly long to start with, the longer your own are the longer you can go....think i have a mix of size 11 and 13. think 15 is the longest you can get....so not bad.

im assured that they do nothing to stunt the growth of your own lashes so will wait and see....the longer mine grow the longer the extension i can have next time.

just need infills in a few weeks. quite like them. got them for a fairly barainacious price so will keep up with infills provided they dont seem to be hurting my lashes....

will get a better idea tomorrow.

BreasticlesNotTesticles Thu 14-Mar-13 20:32:12

I had eye lash extensions when I got married about 5 years ago.

They look great for about 3 weeks and then start to fall off and you can look a little like you have got mange grin however I never went back for infills as I reverted post wedding to my usual slovenly self.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 13-Mar-13 22:39:35

i am a bit worried i wont get the same 'eye opening' affect i got with the false cluster lashes....i have almond shaped eyes but i think they are small, with the cluster lashes they looked HUGE! i loved the incredible difference it made, i suddenly had huge, almond shaped eyes that really stood out.... but the lashes were clearly false and quite heavy.

if i dont like the extensions ill let them grow out and try the blink and go.

not sure my eyelashes have completely recovered from the cluster lashes really either, they lasted 2 weeks, i had them taken off but my own lashes suffered a bit....nothing drastic, but mine dont seem as long as they did before. they are growing though....

ill let you know what i think of the extensions on friday.

Ledkr Wed 13-Mar-13 21:57:51

Think that's what I have vicar have to get in fills and they are glued on separately. Still think I like a good mascara though.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 13-Mar-13 20:25:07

ok.

im having something different - called 'lashes to lashes' - its basically eyelash extensions. they are permanent - you just need infills every 2 to 3 weeks. normally £60 for first application and £15 for infills. on offer at min for £45. had one lash done on each eye to check im not allergic to the glue - the effect seems to be more natural than the cluster lashes, which are obviously false. These add volume and length without looking false - going to give them a try.

the blink and go ones cost £25 but you need them completely removing after 2 to 3 weeks and re doing.

going to see what effect the semi perms have and if i dont like them will get the blink and go ones. Having them done friday.

Ledkr Wed 13-Mar-13 14:28:29

Mine were 25 on a groupon but still think I prefer good mascara. Somehow the volume isn't the same.

JennySense Wed 13-Mar-13 13:59:40

My neighbour has these and loves them.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:49:12

well - she is doing 2 different types.

the "blink and go" - which you can have either 'natural' or 'glamour'.

and some others that are semi permanent, last months, you just have infills as and when you need them.

the semi permanent she is doing on offer for £45 this month, with infills at £15.
usually she will charge £60.

not sure about the "blink and go" ones but i will find out what the differences are and the prices and ill let you know - im going to the salon at 4 to have the patch test. will find out everything and post back. watch this space!

mollysparks1 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:48:18

these blink and go sound exciting.. and if they last between 2-3 weeks then i can see them being very similar to semi permanent lashes as this is the usual length of time you get from them before they need infilling. if you don't mind me asking how much are they going to cost you? i've been having individual lashes (clusters) put on for a while now using black glue and they are lasting 2 weeks for £10. Some beauticians call them weekend lashes. I found i preferred these to the semis as they are thicker and because my natural eyelashes are so thin the semi give length but not body. Hope you don't mind me watching this to see what you think smile

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:32:29

well. my usual beautician has text me today to say she is doing extensions now and the blink and go....

so ive cancelled with the new place and will go to usual place. im going in later to have a patch test and discuss....the ones she is doing are permanent with infills....i need to find out if i would get the same results as with the falsies though because they were amazing....obviously false but amazing.

the blink and go ones need taking off and replacing every 2 weeks.

will go and see what the options are. ill report back!

Ledkr Wed 13-Mar-13 07:37:04

Not me? I'm sat here in my extensions which are a week old and look great but I'm never sure if they are massively better than a good mascara or not. Love em though

BinksToEnlightenment Wed 13-Mar-13 07:31:22

I've never heard of them. Tell me more! Are they expensive?

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 13-Mar-13 00:14:26

anyone have them?

was looking at semi permanent lashes but these seem to be more popular.

i had cluster lashes a few weeks ago and the difference they made to my eyes was the single most amazing thing i have ever had done.....my eyes suddenly were huge and almond shaped and i liked them for the first time ever.....

these blink and go things are meant to last about 2 - 3 weeks.....so im taking the plunge.

does anyone else use semi permanent falsies?

im a wee bit worried about damage to my own lashes but im told that lashes grow out and re grow anyway....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now