stylish skirts and dresses when you're over AHEM

(35 Posts)
coatsonNOW Mon 11-Mar-13 19:02:05

...the AHEM is 40.

I can't do jeans or trousers. I just can't. I'm small (size 8) but very poorly proportioned (thighs=danger zone). My teens and 20s were a sad travesty of fashion as I slavishly tried to squeeze the turnips into denim.

In my 30s, I worked it out - shortlish flippyish skirts/dresses, vintage wherever possible, thick tights, boots or ballet pumps. Hopefully the right balance between Interesting and Inappropriate.

But now - my wardrobe looks dangerously muttonish. But I don't want to turn into a librarian. (No offence to librarians. Some of my best friends...it's just that when you're small, if you go librarian, you can look like a Miss Marple toy).

Any comments are welcome within reason.

shopafrolic Tue 12-Mar-13 20:20:18

The dress? Warehouse. This season. It is so much nicer in real life....very flattering and can dress up or down I think...... Came in a pale blue and a black/white print too....

Ta. What's the fabric like?

shopafrolic Tue 12-Mar-13 20:31:53

Viscose mix unfortunately...

Such a shame they do so little silk now. They have got a nice silk top in at the mo though - hang on...

shopafrolic Tue 12-Mar-13 20:40:18

I saw you link that top on another thread - it's lovely. Apparently the man made fabrics they use now use sports technology to make them more breathable. Basically the message I got from the store manager was that man made was there to stay due to cost of natural fibres..... It's the first viscose dress I've bought, hope I don't regret it!

shop I trust you are 40 years old and that wasn't your bra size you were talking about grin

Lovely boards Remus, I am following you too.

Thank you, Sleep. smile

I've got some viscose dresses from The White Company and tbh my Westwood is viscose too - it's deffo better than polyester!

shopafrolic Tue 12-Mar-13 20:52:54

Fingers crossed then Remus I haven't worn it yet - too blooming cold
Sleep definitely 40 years old! That would be a HUGE chest!

26 46 petite short arse
here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now