Have just received the 'schedule and dress code' for a wedding I'm attending.

(269 Posts)
ShowOfHands Mon 11-Mar-13 13:18:52

I'm screwed.

I'm seriously screwed.

I don't have any practical beauty advice but if I were in your situation, I would decline the invitation. Weddings should be about celebration and making guests feel welcome and comfortable, not high heels FGS.

Good luck anyhow.

Charleymouse Thu 25-Apr-13 12:24:41

Showy you looks lurverly. XXX

Are the shoes sorted yet?

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 17-Mar-13 14:44:30

Oh, here

grin

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 17-Mar-13 14:44:05

<soothes>

I have started a thread for you. We can get the Mumsnet opinion on this.

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Mar-13 14:31:48

Does weetabix have a right way up?

DOES WEETABIX HAVE A RIGHT WAY UP?

Of course it fricking well does. Go and look at a weetabix now. I don't care if you don't have one. Go to a shop. Do it. In the aisle. Report back.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 17-Mar-13 14:25:13

[arf]

I never got past "teetotal" in that sentence, seeing as the thread is about an Irish wedding grin

I dare you to post that as a question in chat. Or even "AIBU to think that weetabix should not be put upside down?".

Trills Sun 17-Mar-13 12:32:14

But I do love the idea of putting that on random threads... grin

Trills Sun 17-Mar-13 12:31:57

Showy: I'll get it all out in one go. I'm teetotal, I don't like fizzy drinks, I find oversized belts and sunglasses silly (you look like a child dressing up), can't bear it when people put weetabix upside down and I don't like any part of Gregg Wallace, particularly his head.

Kinnane Sun 17-Mar-13 12:27:23

Trills,You've lost me there!

Trills Sun 17-Mar-13 12:21:58

Sorry to distract from the dresses, but this is important:

Do Weetabix have a right side up?

Kinnane Sun 17-Mar-13 12:17:18

Moominsarehippo smile

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Thu 14-Mar-13 18:28:24

And the Cath Kidson brolly and wellies, though being Norfolk a lot of people may have them grin

Fashionfail Thu 14-Mar-13 18:16:24

I think the DMs should be mentioned in that description, and also possibly the puddle dress.

Indith Thu 14-Mar-13 16:59:41

Course if we just sent stuff to "The crazy hippy who carries her baby in a sling and wears patchwork, Norfolk" it would probably get to you somehow.

ShowOfHands Thu 14-Mar-13 16:25:07

My address is...

Showy,
Norfolk

HTH

Fashionfail Thu 14-Mar-13 16:09:28

Yes, yes address please! I promise you I will tick the floaty / hippy / wispy boxes

Ha MaryZ, I need a like button for that one!

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Wed 13-Mar-13 21:57:18
Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Wed 13-Mar-13 21:56:07

Cath Kidson poncho and striped wellies would be great for most Irish garden parties I have been to.

This is an Irish garden party.

JamInMyWellies Wed 13-Mar-13 21:38:39

Crikey just checked your pics. Foxy lady you are looking fab!

JamInMyWellies Wed 13-Mar-13 21:37:32

Hello Mrs!

3.5 stone you must be about a size 6!

Can I help you with anything. I have frocks and lots of shoes.

But I did chuckle when reading kept thinking but its an Irish wedding everyone will be drunk singing and it will rain. Then I see Maryz has already pointed this out to you. grin

Right so send me your bloody address and you can have the fruity twin's dress grin

ShowOfHands Wed 13-Mar-13 20:57:34

Other one's a size 10 BOF. It just falls right down! I love the colour of it too. It's beautiful and I have a beautiful necklace which would set it off perfectly. BUT I love the purple one too, so it's fine. grin

Terra, I love that song a bit too much.

Okay, not only does mouret mean bog all to me, Mango is a fruit and Zara is the tall one of the twins in the year below me at school. The twin who didn't get off with James on the back of the bus on a school trip to Barcelona.

PM me your address SOH. It's yours. I'd love to think it would be worn again.

I should make it clear that it is a Zara/Mango (can't remember which) rip off of the Mouret, not the actual Mouret but I get the impression you wouldn't know or care about the difference anyway grin

But not a real green dress, that's cruel. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now