Have just received the 'schedule and dress code' for a wedding I'm attending.

(269 Posts)
ShowOfHands Mon 11-Mar-13 13:18:52

I'm screwed.

I'm seriously screwed.

reastie Mon 11-Mar-13 13:19:42

Come on then, how bad is it what is it?

DewDr0p Mon 11-Mar-13 13:19:59

What on earth does it say? Schedule??

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 11-Mar-13 13:20:32

<waits>

Does leopard print feature?

scaevola Mon 11-Mar-13 13:20:58

Dress code - wtf? Or is it eg overseas in a different tradition which they are concerned a UK guest might be unaware of?

Schedule (depending on what's in it) might be a good idea, so you know how long you have to get between different parts of the day.

ivykaty44 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:22:08

lounge suit? Black tie?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 11-Mar-13 13:23:01

ooh, now sometimes i think I would have welcomed a schedule.
it would have been quite handy, for example, to know that at the wedding we attended which started at noon, that there would be 4 hours of dicking around taking photos and "mingling" before we would be offered refreshments. I could have packed some butties and a hip flask.

"Everyone must wear a specific shade of teal green (sample attached) plus a top hat (even the women). The theme will be 'nutty as a fucking fruitcake'. Gift list for a brocante in the South of France to follow. There are no rooms at the clearing in the forest, miles from anywhere for guests but please feel free to bring your own yurt."

Hopefully Mon 11-Mar-13 13:24:02

Charlotte I went to a wedding like that once, at 8.5 months pregnant. I genuinely thought I was going to die.

Abra1d Mon 11-Mar-13 13:25:06

Laurie For one second you had me!

Trills Mon 11-Mar-13 13:26:09

Schedule sounds like a useful thing to send out.

Dress code: come dressed like your favourite soap opera barmaid? <hopeful>

Moominsarehippos Mon 11-Mar-13 13:26:34

Dress code? When the hell did that become a 'thing'?

I'd send the invite back with 'fuck off' written on it. I have no truck with That Sort of Thing. Unless its something like Wizard of Oz, Greese or The Sound of Music themes wedding. Hmmmmm, maybe next time...

FashionFail Mon 11-Mar-13 13:27:53

Between us, we will have something.

Spill ....

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 11-Mar-13 13:28:12

Why are people surprised at a dress code? It is normal to indicate whether a lounge or morning suit are required and whether ladies are supposed to wear hats or just invited to do so - isn't it? Is for every wedding I've been to...

fossil971 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:28:48

you know you are completely at liberty to ignore it?

ShowOfHands Mon 11-Mar-13 13:28:49

The schedule is really useful, really, really useful. It's the specifics I'm going to struggle with.

As detailed elsewhere, I have nothing which fits (have lost 3.5 stone and am skint) and this is less a wedding, more a hoopla.

I can manage the day before stuff as that is more casual as dress codes go. The day itself is formal (fascinator or hat required) and heels should be high. I have never worn heels in my life. There are pimms soirees and afternoon garden parties to which I have to wear a semi formal dress (no skirts, should be summery) and men may wear shirt sleeves if warm and shorts if smart.

I own one dress. One dress. No heels. Dress isn't particularly formal.

I don't want to mock or sneer at or ignore or anything else, any of their requests. They are dear, dear friends and their wedding will be brilliant. I just don't know what to do.

DH is a levellers hoodie and tatty jeans type btw. He has work suits though but I don't think they count as formal. He has a dress uniform but that would be a v v v bad idea.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 11-Mar-13 13:28:55

Showy I'm guessing that it isn't a medieval theme otherwise you would be fine. That is always my worry grin

Dress Code: Pretend you're from Liverpool

<gets out onesie, Ugg boots and curlers>

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 11-Mar-13 13:30:13

Oh x-posts.

What size feet do you have? Can someone here lend you some shoes?

But actually - WTF are they thinking insisting on heel height? Very rude IMO.

Poledra Mon 11-Mar-13 13:30:25

OMG, it's Showy's yearly S'n'B thread! Along with the crocuses blooming, this tells me it must be Spring. <ignores snow outside>

ShowOfHands Mon 11-Mar-13 13:30:42

Medieval and I'd be there with bells on. Literally.

x-posted, sorry don't mean to mock, thought your were just jesting.

Seriously, what size are you? I have so many frocks and shoes that don't fit I'm sure between us we could find you something.

Moominsarehippos Mon 11-Mar-13 13:31:20

I'm quite disappointed it wasn't 'come as your favourite sandwich'.

ShowOfHands Mon 11-Mar-13 13:31:39

THIS is not my annual S&B thread, this is a serious cry for help. It's not about the clothes. It's about my complete inability to adapt to modern life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now