Tights with peep toe shoes?

(13 Posts)
hillbilly Mon 11-Mar-13 11:30:27

Thanks Honey, that's exactly what I had although Pretty Polly I think.

HoneyStAngelo Sun 10-Mar-13 14:35:01

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Cooling-Ladder-Resist-Tights/dp/B0037GO1F4

Those are the ones for future reference!

HoneyStAngelo Sun 10-Mar-13 14:33:52

Marks & spencer sell tights with a peephole toe. I've bought them for my daughter before.

hillbilly Sun 10-Mar-13 14:32:44

I went for the nude open toe tights with bright pink toenails - it looked fab! Yes you were all right - the black ones looked terrible.

pookamoo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:30:45

(We might be too late) OP what did you do in the end?

pookamoo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:29:56

are the nude open toe ones really really sheer? I think that's fine - after all that's what they are designed for, right?

Black or American Tan closed toe tights with peep toe shoes or sandals remind me of my mum. Not really in a good way! grin (sorry Mum!)

Not if they are the same colour.
I wear charcoal tights with some pewter shoes I have, but it's for deliberate effect.
I don't think black tights with nude shoes go either tbh.

Any other options?

DearPrudence Sat 09-Mar-13 20:26:17

Only if it's a kind of statement. Otherwise no, sorry.

Put foundation on your legs instead.

MrsKoala England Sat 09-Mar-13 20:24:40

Not sure what happened to my punctuation there confused sorry.

JoyceDivision Sat 09-Mar-13 20:23:52

Only with bright funky clashing colours, eg teal tights with green / purple shoes

cookielove Sat 09-Mar-13 20:22:48

I really wouldn't, it makes me think of my gran sorry blush

MrsKoala England Sat 09-Mar-13 20:21:26

i wouldn't. looks a bit naff. only if it was obviously on purpose - ie think/patterned tights/socks with a completely contrasting shoe and a quirky dress 70's or Grunge chic i think is the only way to carry it off.

hillbilly Sat 09-Mar-13 15:59:18

Is it a fashion faux pas to wear tights with peep toe shoes?

The tights in question are black (so match the shoes) and have a sheer toe but I also have a nude pair which have open toes.

Need answer by this evening please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now