Tights with peep toe shoes?

(13 Posts)
hillbilly Sat 09-Mar-13 15:59:18

Is it a fashion faux pas to wear tights with peep toe shoes?

The tights in question are black (so match the shoes) and have a sheer toe but I also have a nude pair which have open toes.

Need answer by this evening please!

MrsKoala Sat 09-Mar-13 20:21:26

i wouldn't. looks a bit naff. only if it was obviously on purpose - ie think/patterned tights/socks with a completely contrasting shoe and a quirky dress 70's or Grunge chic i think is the only way to carry it off.

cookielove Sat 09-Mar-13 20:22:48

I really wouldn't, it makes me think of my gran sorry blush

JoyceDivision Sat 09-Mar-13 20:23:52

Only with bright funky clashing colours, eg teal tights with green / purple shoes

MrsKoala Sat 09-Mar-13 20:24:40

Not sure what happened to my punctuation there confused sorry.

DearPrudence Sat 09-Mar-13 20:26:17

Only if it's a kind of statement. Otherwise no, sorry.

Put foundation on your legs instead.

Not if they are the same colour.
I wear charcoal tights with some pewter shoes I have, but it's for deliberate effect.
I don't think black tights with nude shoes go either tbh.

Any other options?

pookamoo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:29:56

are the nude open toe ones really really sheer? I think that's fine - after all that's what they are designed for, right?

Black or American Tan closed toe tights with peep toe shoes or sandals remind me of my mum. Not really in a good way! grin (sorry Mum!)

pookamoo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:30:45

(We might be too late) OP what did you do in the end?

hillbilly Sun 10-Mar-13 14:32:44

I went for the nude open toe tights with bright pink toenails - it looked fab! Yes you were all right - the black ones looked terrible.

HoneyStAngelo Sun 10-Mar-13 14:33:52

Marks & spencer sell tights with a peephole toe. I've bought them for my daughter before.

HoneyStAngelo Sun 10-Mar-13 14:35:01

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Cooling-Ladder-Resist-Tights/dp/B0037GO1F4

Those are the ones for future reference!

hillbilly Mon 11-Mar-13 11:30:27

Thanks Honey, that's exactly what I had although Pretty Polly I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now